Windows 10: Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily.

Discus and support Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have battled this problem for quite some time now. I've read pretty much every thread in the Community forums related and tried all the fixes however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darwin Brewer, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily.

I have battled this problem for quite some time now. I've read pretty much every thread in the Community forums related and tried all the fixes however nothing seems to fix this problem.

I have performed the 3 methods listed below along with creating a new profile & have performed an in-place install (repair) however the problem just creeps back up after a few weeks and once it does there is nothing I've found to stop it except to create a new profile which is just an unacceptable solution.

I would like for a Microsoft tech person to troubleshoot this problem as it seems to plague a large number of people and there has been no real fix for the problem.

Method 1:

Turn the Action Center option to On and check if it works.

-Go to Control Panel. Then click on to “Notification Area Icons".

-Click on "Turn System icons on or off" and make sure that the icon for Action Center is set to “On”.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

-Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

-In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Method 3: Run the DISM Tool.

Run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

:)

Darwin Brewer, Oct 30, 2018

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 30, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily.

Temporarily stop Windows Update

I see. It is interesting that an automatic update slows your computer down as it usually runs in the background and doesn't take up a huge amount of memory.

You could look at increasing the speed of your computer by:

• Uninstalling programs that you no longer need
    • Install CCleaner to do a quick clean up of non-important files
    • Type 'msconfig' into search and in startup > taskmanager select the programs you actually want to be running at the start of a boot (leave all microsoft and system services checked)

Did you find any success in my suggestions from my previous post?

I did find an article on this which focuses more on a temporary stop for windows updates which I hope will give you a solution *Wink

As annoying as windows updates can be, I do encourage you to leave automatic updates on where possible as it does make you computer more secure and improves general performance Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily. :)

ellellell1, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily.

1. Windows 10 Notifications Stops working Daily, Reboot fixes temporarily. - Similar Threads - Notifications Stops working

2. Microphone not working after reboot temporarily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after reboot temporarily: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  3. Microphone not working after reboot temporarily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after reboot temporarily: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  4. STOP daily taskbar "notifications"; "Celerbrating Africa",

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP daily taskbar "notifications"; "Celerbrating Africa",: I did not want these taskbar intrusions and cannot remove. NO CHOICE ALLOWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOGUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-daily-taskbar-notifications-celerbrating/ef2b4f8e-d7de-4bb6-9b2d-7a92e37970e9
  5. STOP daily taskbar "notifications"; "Celerbrating Africa",

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOP daily taskbar "notifications"; "Celerbrating Africa",: I did not want these taskbar intrusions and cannot remove. NO CHOICE ALLOWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOGUS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-daily-taskbar-notifications-celerbrating/ef2b4f8e-d7de-4bb6-9b2d-7a92e37970e9
  6. STOP daily taskbar "notifications"; "Celerbrating Africa",

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Notifications stop working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications stop working.: I use windows 10 notifications for discord, so when I get a message or ping it shows up on my monitor. This works most the time but not always. After a reboot I notice I have to go into task manager and restart Windows Explorer or sometimes go into Notification settings and...
  8. All browsers stop working many times daily requiring reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers stop working many times daily requiring reboot.: I'm running the latest updated version of Windows 10 Pro 1903. Browsers I use: Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi All up to date Ethernet network. No WiFi Computer: Self built based on Asus TUF 7370-Pro MoBo/16Gb RAM/Intel i7 CPU/GeForce GTX 1060 graphics. What happens:...
  9. Temporarily stop Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporarily stop Windows Update: Is there simple procedure to temporarily stop the “Auto Windows Update” while I am working with the computer? 74527
  10. Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot: Hello all, I'm about to have a meltdown caused by Win updates. I'm trying to recover data from a 8TB drive, and it's taking an unusually long amount of time (1+ week), but it's progressing and about done. The drive in question is on it's last leg and the BIOS fails SMART, I...