Windows 10: Windows 10 (Nov '15 build 10586) - Start menu app ads/suggestions

Discus and support Windows 10 (Nov '15 build 10586) - Start menu app ads/suggestions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the new 10586 build something has changed where app suggestions remain in the Start Menu even after permanently removing the Windows store/Metro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sevvie7, Dec 12, 2015.

1. sevvie7 Win User

Windows 10 (Nov '15 build 10586) - Start menu app ads/suggestions

With the new 10586 build something has changed where app suggestions remain in the Start Menu even after permanently removing the Windows store/Metro apps via DISM.

Besides taking the easy route and changing this setting in the Settings app (which, if used, will not persist after sysprep), are there any known registry hacks out there since such a setting doesn't exist in Group Policy as it should?

:)

sevvie7, Dec 12, 2015

2. Dial-up Networking IP settings

In my case Windows 10 major Update of Nov '15 (version 1511 Build 10586) has fixed the issue.

Michele.

MicheleMazz, Dec 12, 2015
  3. How to get november update ISO?

I want to repair my PC (Windows 10 Build 10586). But, it requires ISO file to repair it. How can I get ISO for Windows 10 Build 10586 (include nov update)?

Is it possible for us to repair my PC by click setup.exe on WindowsBT folder on drive C, so we can get Windows 10 Build 10586?

Thanks

HimawanRizki, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 (Nov '15 build 10586) - Start menu app ads/suggestions

1. Windows 10 (Nov '15 build 10586) - Start menu app ads/suggestions - Similar Threads - Nov '15 build

2. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  3. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  4. suggestions are not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    suggestions are not showing in start menu: when I turn on show suggestions occasionally on start it is not working please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suggestions-are-not-showing-in-start-menu/f493826c-0e30-4604-ba93-956eb187144a
  5. Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled: As stated in the title. I have "Show Suggestions" disabled under Personalization, but got another start menu ad for Edge today on my start menu. Unfortunately I X'd out the ad before digging farther into this, but I'm pretty pissed off. Yes, it's a small issue--but I...
  6. What is the File Size for the nov. 13th (build 10586) update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the File Size for the nov. 13th (build 10586) update?: I've been downloading the new Win 10 update for 45 mins. but it's still at 0%. What's the file size for this update? if anyone here has already updated to version 1511, 10586 i would like to ask how long did it take for the download to finish and the installation process...
  7. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  8. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  9. Start Menu, taskbar broke Build 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, taskbar broke Build 10586: Today I setup a brand new computer. I pinned a folder and program icon to the start menu,. I also pinned the same program to the task bar. Once I rebooted the machine, the start menu, task bar and computer in general are locked up. Nothing is working to get the PC to...
  10. Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu: Hello. I have a new 2-1 table computer, which my kid is using. I would like to have youtube as an large icon in start menu (to pin it etc..). Is it possible (I assume that google is not good friend of Microsoft ...) Cheers 71483