Windows 10: Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe

Discus and support Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 from an earlier build 17134.1304 to the latest, 1909. I downloaded the Windows Update assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joel Ivory Johnson, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe

I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 from an earlier build 17134.1304 to the latest, 1909.

I downloaded the Windows Update assistant and it starts to run. After a considerable amount of time the upgrade is halted with an error dialog.

"DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. "

After clicking OK I see harddrive activity for like another hour before getting a message that the upgrade failed to install.

Any idea what is going on here and how I can get the update installed? The computer in question has 545 gigs of HD space free and 12 gigs of ram total. I am not running any programs while trying to perform the upgrade.

:)

Joel Ivory Johnson, Feb 12, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe

1. Windows 10 November 2019 update fails to install, DataStoreCacheDumpTool.exe - Similar Threads - November 2019 update

2. Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019: This came out while I was updating [ATTACH] I already followed the instructions in the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio and realised that my computer is using Qualcomm Atheros...
  3. Windows 10 November update failed and corrupted install

Windows 10 November update failed and corrupted install: So, after putting it off for a while I finally allowed the recent Win10 update to run on my laptop. Set it to update and then shut down and left it to run. Arrived home just as update was finishing and so the laptop shut down as expected. When I fired it back up, I got the...
  4. November 2019 update Windows 10 Pro N

November 2019 update Windows 10 Pro N: Dear fellows, Has anyone got a clue why the November Update does NOT work on the Pro N version? I run the N version (dutch) as well as the normal Pro, in a dual boot situation. My regular Pro updated without problems, but the 'effing' N wil not update. Any suggestions? (No...
  5. Windows 10 Updates November 2019 - A disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates November 2019 - A disaster: And so the problems continue, and the latest Windows 10 update is causing huge problems. It has just taken 45 minutes for my laptop to log on, and connect to Edge. Why does Microsoft persistently cause so many problems for everyday users? Microsoft and Windows 10 is...
  6. Failed to install windows 10 november update

Failed to install windows 10 november update: Hello, I've tried literally every solution posted, but I can't get my windows 10 updated to the November release. After trying for more than seven times now, I hope someone can help me in finding a solution for this problem. Below a screenshot of the error I receive. This...
  7. Windows Update ( November 2019)

Windows Update ( November 2019): When downloading the November update it doesn't work and fails multiple times before even after a reset. And i have tried reinstalling it before. I need to know if this is fixable.[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows November 2019 update issue

Windows November 2019 update issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I was updating the laptop and it stopped. Now I go into a constant Startup repair, then diagnosing this PC loop. I've tried everything within the menus but they all come back with a message "Cannot auto-fix this PC". How do I get out of this?...
  9. Windows November 2019 Update

Windows November 2019 Update: I am getting an error code - 0x80080005 when I am trying to download the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-november-2019-update/b696f27c-8f6c-4439-94d1-5502f3f6981e
  10. Windows 10 November 2019 Update is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 November 2019 Update is now available: We reported that the Windows 10 November 2019 Update would be arriving this week, and as expected Microsoft has just kicked off the rollout of the second feature upgrade for Windows 10. If you open the Settings app and check for updates, the November 2019 Update should show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install exe on windows 10 phone

2. datastorecachedumptool

3. why datastorecachedumptool.exe stop

4. datastorecachedumptool.exe error,
  5. datastorecachedumptool what is it