Windows 10: Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search

Discus and support Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is getting Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) ‘ready for release’ in the coming weeks. As November 2019 Update is a servicing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 14, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search

Microsoft is getting Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909) ‘ready for release’ in the coming weeks. As November 2019 Update is a servicing release, it will be offered as an “enablement package” with a KB package number just like the monthly cumulative updates.

Windows 10 version 1909 doesn’t come with several new features or major improvements, but Microsoft is updating File Explorer’s built-in search capability with Microsoft’s new unified search experience.

Microsoft Search project aims to unify its search experience across Windows, Bing and other products. Microsoft Search is being developed to help users easily find files, documents, and more when you start typing in the search box.

In Windows 10 version 1909, if you type the name of a picture, file or document, File Explorer will provide you with a preview of the proactive search results so you can easily identify the right file.

As you can see in below screenshot, a dropdown is populated with suggested files when you start typing anything.

Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search Windows-10-File-Explorer.jpg

You can still look deep inside your local drivers and other locations by pressing the enter key. When you press enter key, the traditional search results page will open as it does in Windows 10 version 1903 or older.

Microsoft has also added a search history to the dropdown list as part of the File Explorer upgrade. You can also right-click on the items and find the location or copy the file path.

The post Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search

1. Windows 10 November 2019 Update improves File Explorer search - Similar Threads - November 2019 Update

2. Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019: This came out while I was updating [ATTACH] I already followed the instructions in the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio and realised that my computer is using Qualcomm Atheros...
  3. Windows 10 Updates November 2019 - A disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Updates November 2019 - A disaster: And so the problems continue, and the latest Windows 10 update is causing huge problems. It has just taken 45 minutes for my laptop to log on, and connect to Edge. Why does Microsoft persistently cause so many problems for everyday users? Microsoft and Windows 10 is...
  4. Windows Update ( November 2019)

Windows Update ( November 2019): When downloading the November update it doesn't work and fails multiple times before even after a reset. And i have tried reinstalling it before. I need to know if this is fixable.[ATTACH]...
  5. Windows November 2019 update issue

Windows November 2019 update issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I was updating the laptop and it stopped. Now I go into a constant Startup repair, then diagnosing this PC loop. I've tried everything within the menus but they all come back with a message "Cannot auto-fix this PC". How do I get out of this?...
  6. Windows File Explorer Search Bar lost various functions since November 2019 Windows update...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Search Bar lost various functions since November 2019 Windows update...: Since the last windows 10 update the search bar is not content sensitive anymore. As an example: When looking for a folder name, I would see a list of results as soon as I started typing. When I reached the 4th or 5th letter the list of results would usually be short enough...
  7. Windows 10 November 2019 Update causes File Explorer issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 November 2019 Update causes File Explorer issues: Microsoft began shipping Windows 10 November 2019 Update, codenamed 19H2 and also known as version 1909, on November 12. The new version of Windows is currently available to people who actively look for updates through the Windows Update tab. This means users who visit...
  8. Windows November 2019 Update

Windows November 2019 Update: I am getting an error code - 0x80080005 when I am trying to download the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-november-2019-update/b696f27c-8f6c-4439-94d1-5502f3f6981e
  9. Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve search experience in Windows 10’s File Explorer: Search functionality in File Explorer is not as good as Windows Search, but the upcoming update of Windows 10 could make the search experience better in File Explorer. In latest preview builds of Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft has updated search in File Explorer with a new...
  10. Improvements planned for File Explorer in Windows 10 19H1 update

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements planned for File Explorer in Windows 10 19H1 update: Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 Build 18277 for Fast and Skip Ahead Insiders. Apart from adding several new features, Microsoft has also teased some minor improvements for File Explorer which will be part of the next major update codenamed “19H1”. Windows 10...