Windows 10: Windows 10 November update

Discus and support Windows 10 November update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jim worc, Nov 25, 2019.

1. jim worc Win User

Windows 10 November update

I have twice updated and after each time my PC was unusable. Excel and Word had defaulted to a black background with yellow font. LastPass was the same with the added problem that most features, e.g. viewing settings were unreadable.

I had to revert to the older Windows 10 to recover. I am concerned because the update includes security updates and I am not able to install them separately as far as i know.
    has anyone found a remedy please?

Thanks

Jim

:)

jim worc, Nov 25, 2019

2. Unable to find Windows 10 November update in Windows Update also Is Cortana available in India?

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologies for the delay in responding.

Windows 10 build 10586.3 is the major update released by Microsoft on November 12. All the users will automatically receive the update. However if you still haven't received the update it might be Windows update issue, I
    suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer
      and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    For reference: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Also Cortana is now officially available in India.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 25, 2019
  3. erixx Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Today I got a huge list of Intel Xeon/X99 related drivers, by huge I mean over 20! (Edit: offered by Windows Update after november update of course! *Wink Windows 10 November update ;)

erixx, Nov 25, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download November 30 CU KB4051963 x64 (493.1MB)

Brings system to 16299.98

List of improvements and fixes found here.

There's a few other November 30 updates too(KB4054022, KB4055237, KB4052342). I'm not sure whether you'd want, or need, to install them as well. But for more info to base your decision on see the links above^^^.

MrGenius, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 November update - Similar Threads - November update

2. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...
  3. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...
  4. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  5. BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November

BSOD Issues and restarts after updates in November: Hi, I have been having a lot of BSOD and restarts after starting up a game and/or even using google or youtube. I have tried updating all drivers and uninstalling reinstalling graphics driver, the deleting the second the Gaminput services thing, replaced my power supply and...
  6. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge: I work in a financial institution and several applications require running from Internet Explorer, a few patches ago the same thing happened and what was applied was a temporary solution that allowed me to continue using Internet Explorer, however after installing that patch...
  7. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge: I work in a financial institution and several applications require running from Internet Explorer, a few patches ago the same thing happened and what was applied was a temporary solution that allowed me to continue using Internet Explorer, however after installing that patch...
  8. After the November 2023 update for Windows, Internet Explorer does not run, only Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?

Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?: I've been a windows user ever since Windows ME. I've had XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and 11.I'm very familiar with how this is supposed to work. An update downloads, and a little pop up message informs you that your PC needs to be restarted.Why is it, for the last three plus...
  10. Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does microsoft never maintain any communication following the November 2020 update?: I've been a windows user ever since Windows ME. I've had XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and 11.I'm very familiar with how this is supposed to work. An update downloads, and a little pop up message informs you that your PC needs to be restarted.Why is it, for the last three plus...