Windows 10: Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates

Discus and support Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new feature rolling out to Windows 10 will make it easier for users to access the available driver and optional updates. In Windows 10 Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 18, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates

A new feature rolling out to Windows 10 will make it easier for users to access the available driver and optional updates.

In Windows 10 Build 19041.450 or newer, Microsoft said it has restored the Windows 7-era optional updates page, which allows you to discover new updates to drivers and non-security features.

This feature removes the need to get driver updates via Device Manager. Instead, you’ll be able to access the optional updates for drivers or security features under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View optional updates.

The new screen shows all these updates in one area, whether it’s quality updates, non-security updates, and driver updates that you may have.

Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates Optional-updates-page.jpg

It’s worth noting that Windows Update will still automatically install several updates without your permission unless you click on ‘Pause update’ option or block updates using Windows Registry.

The optional updates experience is included in August 2020 security update for Windows 10 version 2004 and it will be released to older versions of Windows in the near future.

Your driver updates or optional security updates will be displayed on the Settings page only when:

• An optional update is available.
    • Microsoft has approved and published the OEM drivers on Windows Update catalog.

Another method is to use the Run window. To open ‘Optional updates’ page, press Windows + R on your keyboard and type the following command in the Run window and click OK:

• ms-settings:windowsupdate-optionalupdates

The above command will allow you to access the hidden optional updates page, which would be blank when no new drivers are available.

Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates View-optional-updates.jpg

The key difference between Windows Update and Device Manager is that the latter allows you to detect drivers for particular hardware, while Windows Update detects optional updates for all devices when they are available.

The post Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 now allows you to get optional and driver updates - Similar Threads - allows optional driver

2. You can now enable automatic optional updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can now enable automatic optional updates on Windows 10: After bringing Copilot to Windows 10, Microsoft is bringing a new Windows Update feature to the OS from Windows 11. With the improved group policy “Enable optional updates”, you can now automatically install optional updates through Windows update. This includes the updates...
  3. Windows 10 optional driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 optional driver updates: My laptop is a lenovo ideapad S340 windows 10 and it says that it is up to date but says there are some optional updates for my drivers,This is my laptop info but I don't know if it will help:...
  4. Windows 10 now lets you update drivers for more devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now lets you update drivers for more devices: In August, Microsoft enabled a new Windows 7-like ‘Optional updates’ option within the Windows Updates panel on Windows 10. Microsoft previously handled the optional updates via Device Manager, but the company has disabled the automatic updates feature in Device Manager and...
  5. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?: Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the...
  6. Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you install Windows 10's Optional Driver updates?: Microsoft moved driver updates in Windows 10 from the Device Manager to the Optional Updates section of the Windows Updates settings application this year after the company announced the change in 2019. Windows 10 administrators who check these optional updates may see one...
  7. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  8. You can now easily update Intel GPU drivers on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can now easily update Intel GPU drivers on Windows 10: For OEM/PC manufacturer’s validation reasons, Intel’s GPU drivers refuse to install on some PCs running Windows 10. Fortunately, Intel says it has finally developed a solution that would let you update your Intel graphics drivers without approval from the PC manufacturer....
  9. Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?

Windows Update ? No longer Allows Update Now?: How do I initiate a Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-no-longer-allows-update-now/a7f5d48f-bf95-4dcf-ae61-b18eb410748d
  10. Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates: Driver publishing can be complicated. Optional drivers have various methods of acquisition, which creates confusion. Starting now we are making changes to streamline things a bit. All partners will now be able to publish drivers as automatic! This grants access to driver...