Windows 10: Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

Discus and support Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop now has a 83 character limit on the names of any new files that are created, instead of the previous 255-260 limit. Is there any way to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tyco2003, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

My laptop now has a 83 character limit on the names of any new files that are created, instead of the previous 255-260 limit. Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Tyco2003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tyco2003, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2019
  3. drezzzzy Win User
    160 Character limit for txt messages on HTC Arrive?

Hi, I am an employee of Sprint. Although there is a 160 character limit for sms, the HTC Arrive was intended to allow users to exceed the limit by the device automatically creating a new message whenever the limit is exceeded. This is explained on pg.
    83 of the HTC Arrive User Guide. Currently the device will not allow users to exceed the 160 character limit. This has been recognized as a known issue and Sprint has asked Microsoft to address this issue in a future update.

drezzzzy, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

260 Character Limit in File Names

Hi,

Has the 260 character limit for File Names been removed in Windows Server 2016 ? Can anyone confirm ?

Saureshwar Banerjee, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

1. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me? - Similar Threads - has character limit

2. How to extend file path characters maximum limit manually?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend file path characters maximum limit manually?: I am trying to make a clone from mercurial repository. But, unfortunately it is refusing to clone because of the length of the file path. It's displaying as below, abort: The filename or extension is too long. After trying the solutions in different articles, I...
  3. FTP.exe password character limit

FTP.exe password character limit: Hi, While trying to login to our Azure Web App FTP using the preinstalled ftp.exe as part of Windows we found out that the passwords which are being generated by Microsoft Azure are too long to use with the ftp.exe command line application. In Azure you can create an...
  4. Windows 10 Update - Wifi speed now limited

Windows 10 Update - Wifi speed now limited: Hello there, I have installed "Version 1809 OS Build 17763.316" recently, and have had wifi speed issues ever since on Windows 10. My wife's macbook is fine, and our cellphones are unaffected by the speed decrease. I have ran about 30 speed tests today, and I seem to be...
  5. Has Max_path limit been fixed in Windows 10 File History?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has Max_path limit been fixed in Windows 10 File History?: Or is there a way to set the max_path variable to a longer path name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-maxpath-limit-been-fixed-in-windows-10-file/5207f33d-471f-466f-9f0f-338ca342c6c5
  6. Windows 10 has two logins of me that give me the same files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has two logins of me that give me the same files: It's weird. When I login, I have two accounts that go to my name, email address, and have the same password, except for one I am using a pin. It'll give me an error saying "Wrong password" Or "Couldn't connect to the internet". When I go into netplwiz I see my account, that's...
  7. Copying new files stuck at 83%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copying new files stuck at 83%: Hey everyone. I got my free upgrade to Windows 10 and I tried installing it. But it got stuck at 24%, copying new files 83%. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thank you 9849
  8. 256 Character Limit still exists on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    256 Character Limit still exists on Windows 10?: Guys, does the 256 character limit still exist on Windows 10? I love organizing my folders and sub-folders and sub-sub-folders and organizing everything deeply, and I always had the 256 character limit as a major pain in the ass, forcing me to shorten folder names and...
  9. Microsoft Removes 260 Characters Path Length Limit in Windows 10 RS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Removes 260 Characters Path Length Limit in Windows 10 RS: Microsoft Removes 260 Characters Path Length Limit in Windows 10 Redstone New policy integrated into the latest preview build [img] Windows 10 build 14352, a preview version of the upcoming Anniversary Update (also known as Redstone), comes with an...
  10. Docker app for Windows 10 now in limited beta

in Windows 10 News
    Docker app for Windows 10 now in limited beta: Docker app for Windows 10 now in limited beta Docker is launching a limited beta program for its new Docker for Windows and Docker for Mac apps. By Mary Jo Foley for All About Microsoft | March 24, 2016 -- 19:40 GMT (12:40 PDT) Docker launched today, March 24, a...