Windows 10: Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

Discus and support Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop now has a 83 character limit on the names of any new files that are created, instead of the previous 255-260 limit. Is there any way to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tyco2003, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

My laptop now has a 83 character limit on the names of any new files that are created, instead of the previous 255-260 limit. Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/Tyco2003
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tyco2003, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2019
  3. drezzzzy Win User
    160 Character limit for txt messages on HTC Arrive?

Hi, I am an employee of Sprint. Although there is a 160 character limit for sms, the HTC Arrive was intended to allow users to exceed the limit by the device automatically creating a new message whenever the limit is exceeded. This is explained on pg.
    83 of the HTC Arrive User Guide. Currently the device will not allow users to exceed the 160 character limit. This has been recognized as a known issue and Sprint has asked Microsoft to address this issue in a future update.

drezzzzy, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

260 Character Limit in File Names

Hi,

Has the 260 character limit for File Names been removed in Windows Server 2016 ? Can anyone confirm ?

Saureshwar Banerjee, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me?

1. Windows 10 now has a 83 character limit on files for me? - Similar Threads - has character limit

2. 256 Character Limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    256 Character Limit: Hi...we're running Server 2016 for a law office and running into the character limit issue. The problem is that by law we are NOT allowed to change the file paths or names. Since files can be multiple folders deep, this becomes an issue. We have tried everything but cannot...
  3. 256 Character Limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    256 Character Limit: Hi...we're running Server 2016 for a law office and running into the character limit issue. The problem is that by law we are NOT allowed to change the file paths or names. Since files can be multiple folders deep, this becomes an issue. We have tried everything but cannot...
  4. How to limit computer name characters in answer file? For example a limitation of 8 characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit computer name characters in answer file? For example a limitation of 8 characters: I want to limit the number of characters of Computer Name from 15 to 8 characters in answer file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-limit-computer-name-characters-in-answer/986deac8-279f-4115-8b15-a0c8b6887b1c
  5. How to limit computer name characters in answer file? For example a limitation of 8 characters

How to limit computer name characters in answer file? For example a limitation of 8 characters: I want to limit the number of characters of Computer Name from 15 to 8 characters in answer file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-limit-computer-name-characters-in-answer/986deac8-279f-4115-8b15-a0c8b6887b1c
  6. How to limit computer name characters in answer file? For example a limitation of 8 characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is there a character limit to the comment property in windows file explore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a character limit to the comment property in windows file explore?: As the title states, I am wondering if there is a limit to the amount of information I can store in the comment property.With this I mean, if you right click a file in windows explorer, go to properties, then open the details tab, one of the editable fields is 'Comments'. I...
  8. Is there a character limit to the comment property in windows file explore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a character limit to the comment property in windows file explore?: As the title states, I am wondering if there is a limit to the amount of information I can store in the comment property.With this I mean, if you right click a file in windows explorer, go to properties, then open the details tab, one of the editable fields is 'Comments'. I...
  9. Is there a character limit to the comment property in windows file explore?

10. Character limit when renaming files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Character limit when renaming files: Hi all, windows just updated it's self and now i cant rename a file more than 26 characters, where is this option to change this? THanks! submitted by /u/ameic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htbcz2/character_limit_when_renaming_files/