Windows 10: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Well privacy issues bugs me :/ hope you don't use google facebook apple ect they all spy on you with google being the worse offender Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

hope you don't use google facebook apple ect they all spy on you with google being the worse offender

Dave44, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Barman58 Win User

... and don't forget your ISP sees every bit you send or receive to or from the internet *Wink

Barman58, Aug 26, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    And don't forget your cell phone, at least 3 relay towers know where you are at any moment, who you are calling or talking to and every SMS you send and receive. GPS can pinpoint you within a foot or two. To say nothing about security cameras on which you star wherever you go.
    Back on the topic, from that number, how large part is just OEM licenses sold and not used until computer is bought ? I would not be surprised if it's up to 50%.

CountMike, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Dave44 Win User

so true

Dave44, Aug 26, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    I can't take it anymore , i will now live in the wild with Mick Dodge with a fig leaf covering my front and vine covering my backside.

fredc, Aug 26, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Niah, nothing a good Scotch can't fix.

CountMike, Aug 26, 2015
  7. But isn't that so that most of these installs are the free upgrades, not sold licenses? See also: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...windows-10-pcs

Olivir2014, Aug 26, 2015
  8. fredc Win User

No question that most are free upgrades , most people will take advantage of a free upgrade especially when the product retails for $100.00+ .

Some make it sound like it's already been proven that Win 10 is the ultimate OS to date based on free giveaways , most people are sampling the goods now and have not made a decision whether to go with it or not.

fredc, Aug 26, 2015
  9. That is not a factor when comparing with previous releases because a large number of OEM licenses have been sold at the rollout of every version of Windows.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 26, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Who's comparing ?

CountMike, Aug 26, 2015
  11. The comment I quoted in my reply.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 26, 2015
  12. Antilope Win User
    One interesting thing regarding 75-million devices running Windows 10. When someone does an operating system upgrade rather than buying a new computer, that's 75-million new devices that were not sold. That's got to have an impact on hardware sales for Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, etc. So what's good for Microsoft may not be good for those selling new hardware.

If your old hardware can run a new operating system and run it well, why buy a new system?

Antilope, Aug 27, 2015
  13. Charlie Win User

low sales means good deals around the Holidays. That's good for the economy

Charlie, Aug 27, 2015
  14. While I see your point, I don't think it is the kind of thing that matters. A lot of people, maybe most, buy a new device for reasons unrelated to operating systems and such. Lifestyle reasons. The user base has long morphed from what it was like when XP rolled out. Us computer enthusiasts are a drop in the ocean now. Windows 10 is out but its fate is in the hands of the device manufacturers, one increasingly important one being Microsoft itself. The new device activation technology is a clear sign to me of just how much Microsoft wants to change the conversation.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 27, 2015
  15. KACI Win User
    MS says that the 75 mil represents the number of actual activations. While some might use a new OS as a justification for buying a new computer, IMO relatively few would actually buy one for that reason.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices - Similar Threads - Million Devices

2. Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices: #Windows10 is on more than 900M devices! Thanks to our customers, we added more new Windows 10 devices in the last 12 months than ever before. From PCs to HoloLens to Xbox to Surface Hub, Windows continues to power innovationwith more to come next week! More:...
  3. Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices: According to internal documentation viewed by Thurrott.com, Windows 10 is now active on over 825 million devices worldwide. It’s unclear why Microsoft did not divulge this figure at Build. But as part of a recent reorganization, we also have a better understanding now about...
  4. Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws

in Windows 10 News
    Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws: More than two million IoT devices, possibly more, are using a vulnerable P2P firmware component that allows hackers to locate and take over impacted systems. Vulnerable devices include IP cameras, baby monitors, smart doorbells, DVRs, and many others, manufactured and sold...
  5. Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices: Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve 800 million #Windows10 devices and the highest customer satisfaction in the history of Windows. Source: Microsoft by the Numbers Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 128486
  6. Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone: Windows 10, Microsoft’s new operating system which started its journey in July 2015 has now surpassed 700 million active device threshold. The company’s latest operating system is now running successfully on more than 700 million devices around the globe. When Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold: Earlier this year, Terry Myerson revealed that Microsoft is now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 devices and these 700 million active devices include PCs, phones, Xbox consoles and Mixed Reality headsets. It appears that Windows 10 still has not reached 700 million...
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices: Microsoft today announced that Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all devices across the world. In a blog post, Microsoft praised their Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and the explained how AI enhanced the rollout process. Last year the rollout of...
  9. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...
  10. Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code: A flaw in a widely-used code library known as gSOAP has exposed millions of IoT devices, such as security cameras, to a remote attack. Researchers at IoT security firm Senrio discovered the Devil's Ivy flaw, a stack buffer overflow bug, while probing the remote...