Windows 10: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As for me, I LOVE the W10 upgrade. I've done two installs (this very laptop and one in our family) and the performance increase alone is amazing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 25, 2015.

1. fredc Win User

Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Lucky you , i only heard a couple people say that , most of what i have read from people say it's very hard to tell a difference .

fredc, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Inundated Win User

I wasn't asking about that. I was asking about his statement that people were just checking out W10 and deciding whether to keep it or not.

Inundated, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Inundated Win User
    Well, maybe I am special.

Maybe I am making up my experiences because I secretly am paid by Microsoft to post positive things about Windows 10.

(I am not, by the way.)

Inundated, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Exactly!! I installed Win8 because it cost me only $40. I would not have paid $120 for Home or $200 for Pro.

We'll never know just how FEW folks would have upgraded to Win10 if MS continued the $120/$200 license fees instead of giving it away.

Mark Phelps, Aug 28, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    Isn't it obvious that people are checking out 10 and deciding whether they are going to keep it or go back to what they had ? I think so , can you provide proof that everyone is updating to 10 and definitely going to keep it , i didn't think so.

People have 30 days to decide and thats what ( obviously) their doing.

fredc, Aug 28, 2015
  6. 50% of all statistics are just made up.*chuckle

Cbarnhorst, Aug 28, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .This is just another silly game. . .can you provide proof that everyone is updating to 10, and not going to keep it; I didn't think so. . .*Smile

8. jds63 Win User

When they reach amount, get a sign like this *chuckle

Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices [​IMG]

jds63, Aug 28, 2015
  9. I agree. Besides which, how do they even know they can go back until AFTER they have upgraded? They certainly aren't told that by the Get Windows 10 app.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 28, 2015
  10. KACI Win User
    My upgrade to Win7 those many long years ago was free. I wasn't interested in 8 so it didn't matter. The free upgrade certainly got people to upgrade sooner rather than later. I would have upgraded, even if I had to pay for it, just not as soon as I did. For those whose Win10 is stable, they will be content and few will revert back to a previous version. In much easier to use on a desktop than 8, and works as well as or better than 7. Once the 3rd party drivers are sorted it will be the OS of choice for normal users. There will always be holdouts, and those that have special reasons to stay with whatever version they have, but for most 10 will be just fine, either as an upgrade or on that new machine they're going buy.

11. It seems plausible that there may be as many as 30 OS X users these days. *Biggrin

lehnerus2000, Aug 28, 2015
  12. Inundated Win User
    In your estimation.

In reality, at least I admit I have no information one way or another, and that it's my personal observation/guess/thought that people are not deciding to "keep Windows 10 or not"...unless perhaps they have difficulties with it, and roll back to the previous 7/8.1 version.

I have no numbers either way.

And quite frankly, I have absolutely nothing invested in the future success or failure of W10.

I like it on my system, but don't give a fig if 75 million people shout "holy crap, this sucks, get me back to my previous OS!" or "Someone help me put Linux on this thing!" or...you get the idea.

Inundated, Aug 28, 2015
  13. fredc Win User

I said this:
    He came at me and said this :
    I said i think the overwhelming majority are sampling it and will decide whether to keep it or not , he disagrees and thinks most will install it and keep it .

Thats all, nothing to get into a brawl to the death over , at least not at this point , it's early though and i'm not even violent lol.

fredc, Aug 28, 2015
  14. fredc Win User
    Oh Ok i misread what your intent was then , my apologies. Your asking for proof threw me because i think we both know neither of us have proof .

fredc, Aug 28, 2015
  15. Inundated Win User
    Fair enough.

Inundated, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices - Similar Threads - Million Devices

2. Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices: #Windows10 is on more than 900M devices! Thanks to our customers, we added more new Windows 10 devices in the last 12 months than ever before. From PCs to HoloLens to Xbox to Surface Hub, Windows continues to power innovationwith more to come next week! More:...
  3. Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices: According to internal documentation viewed by Thurrott.com, Windows 10 is now active on over 825 million devices worldwide. It’s unclear why Microsoft did not divulge this figure at Build. But as part of a recent reorganization, we also have a better understanding now about...
  4. Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws

in Windows 10 News
    Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws: More than two million IoT devices, possibly more, are using a vulnerable P2P firmware component that allows hackers to locate and take over impacted systems. Vulnerable devices include IP cameras, baby monitors, smart doorbells, DVRs, and many others, manufactured and sold...
  5. Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices: Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve 800 million #Windows10 devices and the highest customer satisfaction in the history of Windows. Source: Microsoft by the Numbers Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 128486
  6. Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone: Windows 10, Microsoft’s new operating system which started its journey in July 2015 has now surpassed 700 million active device threshold. The company’s latest operating system is now running successfully on more than 700 million devices around the globe. When Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold: Earlier this year, Terry Myerson revealed that Microsoft is now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 devices and these 700 million active devices include PCs, phones, Xbox consoles and Mixed Reality headsets. It appears that Windows 10 still has not reached 700 million...
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices: Microsoft today announced that Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all devices across the world. In a blog post, Microsoft praised their Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and the explained how AI enhanced the rollout process. Last year the rollout of...
  9. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...
  10. Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code: A flaw in a widely-used code library known as gSOAP has exposed millions of IoT devices, such as security cameras, to a remote attack. Researchers at IoT security firm Senrio discovered the Devil's Ivy flaw, a stack buffer overflow bug, while probing the remote...