Windows 10: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; . . .There are seven billion people on this planet, and you think Microsoft really cares about little ode' you. . .*really If Win10 really does a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

If Win10 really does a major criminal invasion of privacy, the EU will be on it and basically prevent Win10 installs...unless there is a US-based privacy invasion install of Win10 and a separate one for the EU....?

Hmmm, maybe I need to check that out. I'll be back as I have to step out of my Faraday cage for a moment...

mavigozler, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Ninetailz Win User

Don't worry I use tor and vpn ... never used social stuff, use duckduckgo for search engine

Ninetailz, Aug 28, 2015
  3. I want to install it and probably will next weekend once I have backed everything up and got use of my girlfriends new ipad that I can use if it all goes pear shaped. but hope that not every site we go to is watched otherwise I will uninstall it

hTconeM9user, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

But if you upgrade a retail version of Windows 7 or 8.1 you retain the OEM or Retail version of Windows 7 or 8.1

orlbuckeye, Aug 30, 2015
  5. You cannot reuse or continue to use Windows 7 or 8 OEM on a different computer under any circumstances. You can only dual boot a retail copy of Windows 7 or 8 with an OEM copy if the new copy is an FPP retail copy (not an upgrade). If you use an upgrade copy the OEM licence is tied to the upgrade license.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 30, 2015
  6. groze Win User
    Barman58

They record every site you visit and probably what I am typing on forums but they can't record what I do on a secure website or if I use encryption. They can see the site I visit and the data I use for visiting the secure website. If they did record what you did on secure websites then financial transaction wouldn't be safe.

@Dave44 I thought facebook fixed that app issue. However, facebook itself keeps logs a little longer then required. I don't know anything about google apps. I don't use Gmail anymore because they don't use a good internal filter like Microsoft Outlook web based email to keep out the bad or adult stuff. I always got bad or adult stuff with Gmail but not with Outlook even without a custom filter. That why I removed my gmail account. These were spammers on Gmail.

groze, Aug 30, 2015
  7. I really wanted to like DuckDuckGo but there are just many things that it doesn't find, that Google does. And one feature that I really like (tailoring search to results to region) relies on the fact that Google sees your data. If it didn't spy on you, that feature would just not work.

I did make the move to Zoho Mail in early 2014 though, and now I find it every bit as good as older incarnations of GMail.

Jody Thornton, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

One thing I don't like about DuckDuckGo is the search results (apart from the first one) are buttons, so you can't copy the text.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices

1. Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices - Similar Threads - Million Devices

2. Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now on more than 900 million devices: #Windows10 is on more than 900M devices! Thanks to our customers, we added more new Windows 10 devices in the last 12 months than ever before. From PCs to HoloLens to Xbox to Surface Hub, Windows continues to power innovationwith more to come next week! More:...
  3. Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is Active on 825 Million Devices: According to internal documentation viewed by Thurrott.com, Windows 10 is now active on over 825 million devices worldwide. It’s unclear why Microsoft did not divulge this figure at Build. But as part of a recent reorganization, we also have a better understanding now about...
  4. Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws

in Windows 10 News
    Over two million IoT devices vulnerable because of P2P component flaws: More than two million IoT devices, possibly more, are using a vulnerable P2P firmware component that allows hackers to locate and take over impacted systems. Vulnerable devices include IP cameras, baby monitors, smart doorbells, DVRs, and many others, manufactured and sold...
  5. Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now installed and running on more than 800 million devices: Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve 800 million #Windows10 devices and the highest customer satisfaction in the history of Windows. Source: Microsoft by the Numbers Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 128486
  6. Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone: Windows 10, Microsoft’s new operating system which started its journey in July 2015 has now surpassed 700 million active device threshold. The company’s latest operating system is now running successfully on more than 700 million devices around the globe. When Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 has not yet crossed the 700 million ‘active devices’ threshold: Earlier this year, Terry Myerson revealed that Microsoft is now approaching 700 million active Windows 10 devices and these 700 million active devices include PCs, phones, Xbox consoles and Mixed Reality headsets. It appears that Windows 10 still has not reached 700 million...
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices: Microsoft today announced that Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all devices across the world. In a blog post, Microsoft praised their Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and the explained how AI enhanced the rollout process. Last year the rollout of...
  9. Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says Windows 10 now on 600 million monthly active devices: Windows 10 is now on 600 million active monthly devices. That updated figure -- up from 500 million in March 2017 -- is from CEO Satya Nadella, who shared the latest figure during Microsoft's annual shareholders meeting in Bellevue, Wash. on November 29. (Thanks to...
  10. Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of IoT devices hit by 'Devil's Ivy' bug in open source code: A flaw in a widely-used code library known as gSOAP has exposed millions of IoT devices, such as security cameras, to a remote attack. Researchers at IoT security firm Senrio discovered the Devil's Ivy flaw, a stack buffer overflow bug, while probing the remote...