Windows 10: Windows 10 Num Pad

Discus and support Windows 10 Num Pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GuitarLegend, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Num Pad

A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it gives me numbers, whether Num Lock is on or not. If I press Windows + Space, I can select from one of two keyboards, US or UK. When I select US, I get the functionality I want. My question is, why does it flip to UK at all? I don't seem to be able to find a way to turn off the UK keyboard, just to reselect US as described. I know I can use the other navigation keys to get around this but I have used the Num Pad this way forever. Its a habit. And it's annoying when I go to move the cursor and get numbers when I don't want them. If I wanted numbers I could press Num Lock. Why does it presume that I want numbers regardless of the Num Lock state?

:)

GuitarLegend, Dec 2, 2019

2. Num Pad not working

When you are logged in, could you confirm if your Num Lock is ON before you try to use Num Pad.

E for Excel, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

You have pressed NUM LOCK key, possibly accidentally. The key is on top left corner of num pad, it toggles num pad ON / OFF. When off, number keys work as mouse keys.

Kari, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Num Pad

Num Pad stopped working

Hi After the April 2018 update Num Pad has stopped working, Please help resolve the problem

RashidVohra, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Num Pad

1. Windows 10 Num Pad - Similar Threads - Num Pad

2. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  3. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking when i use the num pad: Hello !My screen is locking when i'm using my num pad and sometimes randomly. It does it when I use the « + », « - », « enter/= » on the num pad and on some other keys on the num pad and sometimes it just does it randomly. I've look around, restarted my keyboard to default,...
  4. Screen locking when i use the num pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Caps Lock and Num pad on display isn't working whenever I press them it doesn't show on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Caps Lock and Num pad on display isn't working whenever I press them it doesn't show on...: whenever I press them it doesn't show on my screen that it is on or off, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-caps-lock-and-num-pad-on-display-isnt-working/ce718f34-2b70-48a1-b2b3-934c67845258
  6. The Caps Lock and Num pad on display isn't working whenever I press them it doesn't show on...

The Caps Lock and Num pad on display isn't working whenever I press them it doesn't show on...: whenever I press them it doesn't show on my screen that it is on or off, How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-caps-lock-and-num-pad-on-display-isnt-working/ce718f34-2b70-48a1-b2b3-934c67845258
  7. Num Pad 3 does not do anything, any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Pad 3 does not do anything, any way to fix this?: For quite a while, my num pad 3 doesn't do anything when I press itthe page down functionality of the key doesn't happen either, as if the input isn't registered, all other keys work fine, pressing num lock does not fix it, I have also replaced my keyboard and the problem...
  8. Num Pad 3 does not do anything, any way to fix this?

Num Pad 3 does not do anything, any way to fix this?: For quite a while, my num pad 3 doesn't do anything when I press itthe page down functionality of the key doesn't happen either, as if the input isn't registered, all other keys work fine, pressing num lock does not fix it, I have also replaced my keyboard and the problem...
  9. I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...: There are two delete key shortcuts on my hp omen laptop. One above near the function bar and one down on the numpad. both function as a shortcut to delete things. but recently the numpad one stopped working as a delete function. if I try to delete selected files using it, I...
  10. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard num. pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft bluetooth keyboard num. pad: Hi! I have just bought a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard and it looks great. The problem is that in the numeric pad you don't have a "num. lock" key and instead you have a "clear" key. I haven't been able to unlock the pad so I can't write numbers there. I can't also find how...