Windows 10: Windows 10 Num Pad

Discus and support Windows 10 Num Pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GuitarLegend, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Num Pad

A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it gives me numbers, whether Num Lock is on or not. If I press Windows + Space, I can select from one of two keyboards, US or UK. When I select US, I get the functionality I want. My question is, why does it flip to UK at all? I don't seem to be able to find a way to turn off the UK keyboard, just to reselect US as described. I know I can use the other navigation keys to get around this but I have used the Num Pad this way forever. Its a habit. And it's annoying when I go to move the cursor and get numbers when I don't want them. If I wanted numbers I could press Num Lock. Why does it presume that I want numbers regardless of the Num Lock state?

:)

GuitarLegend, Dec 2, 2019

2. Num Pad not working

When you are logged in, could you confirm if your Num Lock is ON before you try to use Num Pad.

E for Excel, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

You have pressed NUM LOCK key, possibly accidentally. The key is on top left corner of num pad, it toggles num pad ON / OFF. When off, number keys work as mouse keys.

Kari, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Num Pad

Num Pad stopped working

Hi After the April 2018 update Num Pad has stopped working, Please help resolve the problem

RashidVohra, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Num Pad

1. Windows 10 Num Pad - Similar Threads - Num Pad

2. I cant find the Num Lock key!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant find the Num Lock key!: I know it sounds weird, but I have gone over my new wireless keyboard with magnifying glasses, repeatedly, and I cannot see a Num Lock key. Strangely, the HP User Manual instructs me to "press the Num Lock key" before entering code numbers to insert certain symbols. I'm...
  3. Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...: On my Windows 10 Pro 1909, I have turned on the setting - 'Toggle Keys' - 'Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock' causes BOTH desktop background IMAGE and any APP windows to momentarily flash INVERSE video colors for one (1) second, then...
  4. Num Lock on by default

Num Lock on by default: How do I set it so that the Num Luck is on by default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-on-by-default/861fa201-c086-4a56-9de3-ef2f2701e01f
  5. Turn Num Lock permanently on

Turn Num Lock permanently on: When I'm typing, I make heavy use of the number pad, and very often use the / key. Because of this, I frequently hit the Num Lock key by mistake, and then find myself in an unfamiliar part of the document because I hit Pg Down or Pg Up when trying to type in a number. Is...
  6. Notebook keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10: In my notebook keyboard the keys num lock doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notebook-keyboard-num-lock-stopped-working-in/efe3cc0c-8ce7-48ec-aebb-9c51204341c8
  7. Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications

Disable caps and num lock pop-up notifications: Hi all, One day, I opened up my laptop and it had started displaying popup notifications every time I turned the caps lock or num lock on or off. It is incredibly irritating and distracting when working and it was not doing for the last two years of use. I cannot figure out...
  8. Num Lock and keypad not working Windows 10 Pro after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Num Lock and keypad not working Windows 10 Pro after latest update: Latest update installed recently. Using Logitech K520 keyboard. Keypad quit working. Num Lock shows on or off when keyed. What do I do to fix it?...
  9. Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse: Hello, Some time during today my num pad stopped typing numbers and instead started moving the mouse. It works just like Mouse Keys, but I have made sure Mouse Keys is turned off in the options. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can turn it off?...
  10. Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse: Hello, Some time during today my num pad stopped typing numbers and instead started moving the mouse. It works just like Mouse Keys, but I have made sure Mouse Keys is turned off in the options. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can turn it off?...