Windows 10: Windows 10 - Number of issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Number of issues. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before the Current State of issues Issues: When my start menu was working, I was not able to search for things. A lot of permissions were a bit wacky.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndreaMele, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Number of issues.

Before the Current State of issues
    Issues:
    • When my start menu was working, I was not able to search for things.
    • A lot of permissions were a bit wacky.
    • Most of my Windows Apps (like calculator, calendar, ect.) would not start/open.

I attempted some potential fixes that were listed online, such as
    • Power-shell commands to restore windows apps - Didn't Fix
    • Commands to restore permissions - Partially Worked
    • Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, In place upgrade/repair - Fixed Temporarily
    • Uninstalling Windows Updates - Didn't Fix

*WarningCurrent State
    No Right Click On Taskbar Items.
    • I am unable to right click on the icon to interact with the item.
    • I can right click on windows start button.
    Can't click on Start Menu
    • I am unable to click on the start menu.
    • Windows Key doesn't bring up anything.
    Windows Default APPs
    • Windows Apps (like Calculator, Calendar, ect.) do not start/open.
    Permissions
    • I find myself having to take ownership of a lot of folders, like my Downloads folder, or Windows Temp folder..

*note System Info
    Speccy Log:
    RED-SPIDER-PC.txt

I would like to thank you all ahead of time for any input or advise.

Appreciate it!

:)

AndreaMele, May 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Number of issues.

Windows 10 Issues...Many!!!!!

Hi,

To know the version of Windows 10 and build number, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type "winver" without quotes and press Enter.
    • You'll see the information related to Windows 10 version and build number.
    Let us know if you are still facing any issue and we'll be glad to help.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Number of issues.

1. Windows 10 - Number of issues. - Similar Threads - Number issues

2. Hello, I'm having a big issues with my keyboard the specific letters and numbers: ''N, M,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello, I'm having a big issues with my keyboard the specific letters and numbers: ''N, M,...: The specific letters and numbers: ''N, M, H, J, Y, U, 6, 7'' are not responding no matter how hard I tried to click, this occurred 2 days ago and I have to use the on-screen keyboard, I've done several ways online, It's very bad for someone who works online. Please help...
  3. Windows Sign In Issues - Phone Number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Sign In Issues - Phone Number: I have an old phone number listed under my Microsoft account. I deleted that number and now have been locked out of my account. I need to verify my identity by having a code sent to a phone number, but the number listed is the old one that I now no longer have access to. When...
  4. Windows Sign In Issues - Phone Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sign In Issues - Phone Number: I have an old phone number listed under my Microsoft account. I deleted that number and now have been locked out of my account. I need to verify my identity by having a code sent to a phone number, but the number listed is the old one that I now no longer have access to. When...
  5. Windows Sign In Issues - Phone Number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to fix phone number issue on microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix phone number issue on microsoft account: i cant add my phone number no matter what i do, have tried multiple methods to no avail, it just tells me “this verification method doesnt work, try another one”, my phone number is in a limbo of being connected and also not connected somehow since it shows up when i check if...
  7. how to fix phone number issue on microsoft account

how to fix phone number issue on microsoft account: i cant add my phone number no matter what i do, have tried multiple methods to no avail, it just tells me “this verification method doesnt work, try another one”, my phone number is in a limbo of being connected and also not connected somehow since it shows up when i check if...
  8. I purchsed a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchsed a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is...: I purchased a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is unresolved but the order history shows the support issue is closed. What should I do? Either want refund or issue resolution but I cannot figure out how to get back in touch with MS. Calling...
  9. I purchsed a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is...

I purchsed a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is...: I purchased a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is unresolved but the order history shows the support issue is closed. What should I do? Either want refund or issue resolution but I cannot figure out how to get back in touch with MS. Calling...
  10. I purchsed a $499 support ticket but never received a ticket number, The issue is...

in Windows 10 Customization