Windows 10: Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures

Discus and support Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I built a new Windows 10 PC a few months back and chose the Nvidia RTX2070 super graphics card. I also upgraded to a Benq 4K monitor which is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveHeap, Jul 8, 2020.

1. SteveHeap Win User

Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures

I built a new Windows 10 PC a few months back and chose the Nvidia RTX2070 super graphics card. I also upgraded to a Benq 4K monitor which is connected via USBC and I have a 1920 HD monitor connected via a standard display connector. I am on the current studio driver having used DDU to remove all old drivers and load a new one in safe mode. The driver is 27.21.14.1518 Nvidia 451.48. I have 64G of RAM and have tested that. I've had a range of issues. Sometimes I was working in Photoshop or Premiere and the system slowed to a crawl - the mouse didn't move, or very slowly, the screens went black and eventually I have to force a restart using the power button. I changed the power setting for the PC to maximum performance after that. Then I have issues in Photoshop where I have spent some time drawing a detailed path and I see the screen flicker to black and then back to normal, some strange flashing colors in odd places in the image which are not there when you zoom into that area, and then Photoshop just exits. When I look at the event viewer, I usually see a NVLDDMKM driver error, then I see an Nvidia OpenGL driver with error code 3 subcode 2 and then the display recovers. Of course, Photoshop has fully exited. I can continue to use the PC after this. I can sort of force the crash - I drew a long path and then render flames along it. The odd color pixels flashed as this was happening, but the flames rendered, but shortly after that, Photoshop crashed. The card is still relatively new 3 months, so I'd like to find out if this is hardware related. I do have an older graphics card that I can reinstall, but that is quite a bit of hassle if there is a software fix! Any ideas? Steve

:)

SteveHeap, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 8, 2020
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures

Driver problem?

Hi Sarah,

Driver issues might caused some performance failure. For us to identify the root cause of this issue, kindly answer these questions:

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the hardware and device troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures

1. Windows 10 - nvlddmkm driver problem causing application failures - Similar Threads - nvlddmkm driver problem

2. Crash caused by nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash caused by nvlddmkm: Hello, for the past few weeks, my laptop has been crashing every so often. I have no idea what causes the crash and when it happens. Sometimes it happens a few times in a day, sometimes it can go an entire week without occurring.I tried analyzing the crash dumps generated by...
  3. Crash caused by nvlddmkm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash caused by nvlddmkm: Hello, for the past few weeks, my laptop has been crashing every so often. I have no idea what causes the crash and when it happens. Sometimes it happens a few times in a day, sometimes it can go an entire week without occurring.I tried analyzing the crash dumps generated by...
  4. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  5. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  6. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. nvlddmkm causing black screen

nvlddmkm causing black screen: Nvlddmkm is causing my computer to black screen randomly. I cannot use any program without it doing this. It is event id 14. Here is what it says.The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed...
  8. An application caused a problem with the default application...

An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  9. An application caused a problem with the default application...

in Windows 10 Support
    An application caused a problem with the default application...: Greetings. I did a reinstallation of windows 10. I downloaded the latest version, 20H2, and since the reinstallation this notification has appeared: "an application caused a problem with the default application settings for files ..." It has appeared to me 2 times, once...
  10. Windows update causes application failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update causes application failure: On July 12th 2019 Microsoft sneaked an update on my PC even though I had paused updates for 7 days. The update, KB4509096, a so-called "security update", broke video rendering on my photo/video viewer and editor, Irfanview. Another later update KB4507453 on the 13th may have...