Windows 10: Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable.

Discus and support Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows randomly freezes, this happens at any time at any point. I can see no link between 2 incidents. First the apps hangs and stop responding,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fusk, May 30, 2021.

1. fusk Win User

Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable.

My windows randomly freezes, this happens at any time at any point. I can see no link between 2 incidents. First the apps hangs and stop responding, for a short while i can press win button or navigate windows before it stops responding. At this point nothing responds to input, besides ctrl+alt+del. If i open task manager all information will be frosen, if i look in performance, none of the information is updating, so the cpu windows are blank, memory window is blank, same with the rest. If i click processes i can see the list, but none of the information updates, it's all frosen. Yes it's weird. If i use ctrl+alt+del and log out, i can log back in and everything is fine, i don't need to reboot. This scenary isn't always the case, sometimes even taskmanager will stop responding and "reset" button is the only way. But computer never BSOD's, so even if everything is frosen, and everything times out, i still have picture as if nothing is going on. I can leave for 5 min and one of two things happens, either it recovers which is rare, or nothing happens and it's still frosen 5 min later. Initially i thought it might've been the ssd. But i think this is a windows thing. Problem is, i have no idea where to start. I don't have any particular weird apps installed. The only two i can think of are "nzxt cam" & "networx" which both starts with windows together with discord, gdrive, team viewer, radeon & windows security. Drivers are up to date AFAIK. Windows is fully up to date 21H1, yesterday i even joined insider. In case there was an update that just so happened to fix it, there wasn't. This happens around once or twice per week. No OC.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 30, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable. - Similar Threads - occasinal freeze reproduceable

2. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  3. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  4. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  5. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problems occasinally?: Hello, I recently moved to a house with some friends of mine, i am having problems with their wifi, a few times a day from 1 to 10 internet randomly stops working initially telling me that's a DNS problem, and after a while it just says there's no internet connection. It...
  6. DNS problems occasinally?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut: [ATTACH] I have a Shortcut on a Win7 machine that basically does what WIN + TAB does. https://preview.redd.it/yflfmx7ogmk61.png?width=759&format=png&auto=webp&s=3e50d38569edc43d59ad317912e7740a66ed2f79 The problem is i need to recreate this (copying is not an option! I...
  8. Reproducible way to kill Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reproducible way to kill Windows 10 pro: Working remotely has been a must lately. Remote desktop through a VPN has been working great except in one scenario. I have seen this same exact issue on two different Windows 10 pro systems. While connected via RDP, if I start a full or custom Windows Security virus scan...
  9. Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10: Hello everyone, I just build a new PC and installed the latest version of windows 10 pro x64 (v1803 build 17134.320) with all the updates and patches. As usual i tried to change my default app for media to VLC but sadly it seems that windows refuses to change default app....
  10. BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable: Good evening! I hope someone on this board can help me with solving a BSOD problem I am carrying around since months now. My computer suffers from random BSODs (mainly PAGE_FAULT, IRQL_NOT_LESS and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) since months and I can not figure out what is...