Windows 10: Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

Discus and support Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI, Windows 10. My application generates Excel .xls files in %temp%. Occasioanlly, these files get locked by mstsc.exe - this is a message I get. Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by levW, Dec 14, 2020.

1. levW Win User

Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

HI,
    Windows 10.
    My application generates Excel .xls files in %temp%.
    Occasioanlly, these files get locked by mstsc.exe - this is a message I get.
    Will appreciate any advise.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2020
  3. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

1. Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe - Similar Threads - Occasioanlly Excel files

2. exe file gets stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    exe file gets stuck: i used steam to download, somthing went wrong. you can read my original request on the steam discussion panel of farming sim 2019 under the name of frick.so this zombie file is stuck. cant close, tried to terminate with command, access denied. tried to delete files... didnt...
  3. Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  4. Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a shared Excel file getting locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  5. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  6. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  7. MSTSC Application manifest file modification

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSTSC Application manifest file modification: Hi everyone, Recently I got a new SurfaceBook using UHD resolution 3000x2000 and encountered an issue when connecting to my RDS server everything is very small or blurry. A solution found mentionned the use of an external manifest file where we disable the DPIaware...
  8. Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 - Occasioanlly Excel files get locked by mstsc.exe: HI, Windows 10. My application generates Excel .xls files in %temp%. Occasioanlly, these files get locked by mstsc.exe - this is a message I get. Will appreciate any advise. 170437
  9. Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fold Lock .exe file corrupted not opening.: I recently created a USB portable locker using Folder Lock , the size is 2.9gb so there is no separate locker file-only a single .exe file which is password protected. Suddenly, yesterday while i was using this file my windows crashed and showed blue screen with some pointer...
  10. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file: Hi everyone, I've got this serious problem recently. I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep...