Windows 10: Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached

Discus and support Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since last week, my windows 10 will occasionally go into power saving mode. even if I have both full battery and a power charger plugged in! More... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zihan.Yang, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached

Since last week, my windows 10 will occasionally go into power saving mode. even if I have both full battery and a power charger plugged in!

More weirdly, it tells me that the battery is not found. However, the battery could hold at least 6 hours if I unplug the charger, and Ubuntu 16.04 does not go to power saving mode automatically, so I assume the battery itself is OK.

This issue usually happens in a short time after boot. If I don't encounter this issue within 10 minutes after boot, I never encounter it before shutdown.

I have already installed the latest update and some functionality updates of 1809, but the issue still remains.

:)

Zihan.Yang, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Aksa8 Win User

Dell Inspiron 580S Desktop Goes Into Power Save Mode Frequently

Hi,

My Dell Inspiron 580S (Dell IN1920 Monitor; NVIDIA GeForce 310; Windows 10 Home Version 1607) Occasionally slips into power save mode for no apparent reason.

The monitor does not come back on and the PC has to be shut down by pressing the power button.

Sometimes, when the power button on the PC is pressed to switch the system back on, the monitor LED comes on but immediately goes back into power save mode accompanied by a constantly high rpm noise from the PC, which I think is the hard disk. At other times,
    the system boots up and the monitor comes on with the brief initial high RPM noise coming down to the normal boot-up sounds of the PC.

Is it an issue with the RAM or is there another fix for this issue?

Thanks.

AKS

Aksa8, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Dell Inspiron 580S Desktop Goes Into Power Save Mode Frequently

Hi Aksa8,

Based on the information that you provided, we suggest that you check your power options in the control panel.

Kindly follow the steps below to check the settings of your power options:

1. Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Power Options, click Change power-saving settings.

3. Be sure that High performance is selected.

4. Restart computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached

Windows power saving mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

The issue could be due to incorrect power settings.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run the power troubleshooter. Follow these
    steps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: To see the power-saving settings for the printer,

1. Go to “Device Manager.”

2. Click the arrow beside “Printers” to show your printer, then right-click on the printer and choose “Properties.”

3. Click the “Power management” tab and then uncheck the box beside “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.”

4. Click “OK” to save your changes.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached

1. Windows 10 occasionally goes into power saving mode even with power charger attached - Similar Threads - occasionally goes power

2. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  3. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  4. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  7. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Windows 10 goes to power save mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 goes to power save mode: I have Acer AM 7720 with latest window 10. While using the PC if I am watching movie it will switch to black screen with message saying power save mode. PC is still running but no matter what I do with mouse or keyboard I can’t get back. I hear high pitch noise in headphones....
  9. Monitor goes into power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor goes into power saving mode: Hello,i have a problem with my dell S2216H monitor.When i try to boot into windows when litle circle starts spinning my monitor goes into power saving mode and i cant get out of it. I tried to get ram and battery out and rub it but it didnt help,i also disabled power...
  10. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a