Windows 10: Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can...

Discus and support Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. windows 10 had there own icons,but the windows 7 short cuts disappeared. Every so often windows 7 short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertMerrill, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can...

I am using windows 10 upgraded from windows 7. windows 10 had there own icons,but the windows 7 short cuts disappeared. Every so often windows 7 short cuts briefly appear and disappear quickly on the desktop. I would like these short cuts back. How would I do this.

* Original title: Icons

:)

RobertMerrill, Jan 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Phusius Win User
    Windows 7 "God Mode" thoughts?

If you have windows 7 32 or 64 bit OS then this works for you.

Step 1. on your desktop create a new folder
    Step 2. name it Example.{ed7ba470-8e54-465e-825c-99712043e01c}
    Step 3. ???????????
    Step 4. Press enter and PROFIT!!!

Where it says example you can name it anything you want, I just put example to use as one. The only thing that appears under the new icon is what you name it before the long text string. The folder will turn into a control panel icon. Its kind of like a super-control panel on steroids with lots of subtasks.

For reference if you have these OS it will work on it.

Windows 7 32 bit- WORKS
    Windows 7 64 bit- WORKS
    Windows Vista 32 bit- WORKS
    Windows Vista 64 bit- DOES NOT WORK

Some dude on another forum posted this, is this legit or is going to destroy my PC?

Phusius, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can...

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can...

1. Windows 10: Occasionally some Windows 7 icons appear on the Desktop then disappear. How can... - Similar Threads - Occasionally icons appear

2. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  3. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  4. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  6. Some icons appears in my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons appears in my desktop: I have Windows 10 and Im the only user as well. I dont know some apps apprears in my desktop. I dont want them and all of it is running in my task manager. I want to remove it but I need to know what are those apps first. Assist me please....
  7. Some icons appears in my desktop

Some icons appears in my desktop: I have Windows 10 and Im the only user as well. I dont know some apps apprears in my desktop. I dont want them and all of it is running in my task manager. I want to remove it but I need to know what are those apps first. Assist me please....
  8. Some icons appears in my desktop

9. Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?

Windows 10 Desktop Icons disappeared?: Where have all my Desktop Icons gone?? - desktop icon is now down on the bottom taskbar - really inconvenient https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-desktop-icons-disappeared/d19af09c-0dbd-4399-a866-3805585832db
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker short cuts on desktop windows 10 appeared on their own