Windows 10: Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box

Discus and support Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time I start my laptop, there will be times and I mean 2 or 3 out 10 that the laptop (with Windows 10) will start up without any sign-in box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kwng, Aug 6, 2019.

1. kwng Win User

Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box

Every time I start my laptop, there will be times and I mean 2 or 3 out 10 that the laptop (with Windows 10) will start up without any sign-in box. When ever this happen, the laptop does not respond to any keys and the only way to proceed is to press the power button until it turns off (hard shutdown). If I power on again after the hard shutdown then the windows will start up with the sign-in box. However, pressing the power button to shutdown windows can easily corrupt the windows after if occasionally done. I noticed the advice from other forums to wait for the sign-in box to come up but I have tried waiting for hours to no avail. Please advise.

:)

kwng, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box - Similar Threads - occasionally start sign

2. Occasional unexplained pop up window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Occasional unexplained pop up window: Occasionally an odd window will pop up on my screen. I need help to stop it recurring. Here's what it shows: FINDSTR: Cannot open c:\ProgramData\acer\updater2\updater2.xml The system cannot find the path specified. Cannot access file C:\Program...
  3. Windows 10 pop up boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pop up boxes: Pop up boxes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pop-up-boxes/b81bb4f1-e50c-4187-a0e6-e1b2140b8d69
  4. Start up message box appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up message box appearing: Whenever we start our desktop, the following message appears: "Another instance is running: Configuration system failed to initialize". How can we get rid of that message? I tried the sfc /scannow, but it still reappeared....
  5. Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option: You know what, you Microsoft guys - I don't care who exactly, developers or managers - you are as little as micro and as weak as soft. Why Windows 1809 occasionally resets "require sign-in" option to "when PC wakes up from sleep"? Can you make anything in your own...
  6. Keyboard occasionally messes up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard occasionally messes up: Hello, not too long ago I started noticing keyboard issues on my laptop. Windows key would get kind of stuck I suppose as if I was trying to press windows key + d/a/tab, etc. Sometimes a different key would get stuck, being unable to use letter keys and only be able to use...
  7. Pop up box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up box: Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault. So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and...
  8. Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out": This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently “hangs” at “sign out”. When it hangs, the screen goes black and no commands are possible. The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button. The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 that was...
  9. Occasional start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional start menu crashes: last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past...
  10. Notification Box has minus sign

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Box has minus sign: Just noticed my notification icon has changed and now has a little minus sign in the bottom right corner of it. What does this mean? I have most app notifications set to "on" only mail and onedrive are selected to be off. 22135