Windows 10: Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box

Discus and support Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time I start my laptop, there will be times and I mean 2 or 3 out 10 that the laptop (with Windows 10) will start up without any sign-in box.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kwng, Aug 6, 2019.

1. kwng Win User

Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box

Every time I start my laptop, there will be times and I mean 2 or 3 out 10 that the laptop (with Windows 10) will start up without any sign-in box. When ever this happen, the laptop does not respond to any keys and the only way to proceed is to press the power button until it turns off (hard shutdown). If I power on again after the hard shutdown then the windows will start up with the sign-in box. However, pressing the power button to shutdown windows can easily corrupt the windows after if occasionally done. I noticed the advice from other forums to wait for the sign-in box to come up but I have tried waiting for hours to no avail. Please advise.

:)

kwng, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 occasionally start up with no sign-in box - Similar Threads - occasionally start sign

2. Start up menu & search box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up menu & search box in Windows 10: HiI cant access the Windows start up menu from my desktop bottom left hand side and the search function won't work either when I type into it. Can anyone help please...
  3. Windows 10 asking to sign in on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asking to sign in on start up: Yesterday I started up my computer did some things and left for the day, leaving my computer on. This is something I do every day. When I got back my computer was asking me to sign in my account. It showed 3 accounts, which there is only 1 account, mine. One was administrator...
  4. Windows 10 asking to sign in on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 asking to sign in on start up: Yesterday I started up my computer did some things and left for the day, leaving my computer on. This is something I do every day. When I got back my computer was asking me to sign in my account. It showed 3 accounts, which there is only 1 account, mine. One was administrator...
  5. Windows 10 asking to sign in on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Occasional white boxes on screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Occasional white boxes on screen.: [ATTACH] It comes and goes quickly so I couldn't take screenshot. So I drew the boxes. It looks like this. I noticed a weird pattern, I don't know if I am right but the boxes only come in places which are not stationary on screen. Its there on things that can be moved....
  7. missing apps boxes on Start up window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing apps boxes on Start up window: My 9 boxed apps with icons went missing on Start up window today so - open start up screen - R click on space area of bottom task bar and a menu comes up - click on Cascade windows or other and the missing apps reappear. Voila. Elizabeth...
  8. windows installer pop up box at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows installer pop up box at start up: When I start my computer a box comes on the screen called windows installer it seems not to be anything but annoying. I simply have to close it and carry on. I believe it would just be hidden in the past i.e. not just pop up and wait for me to close it. it only appears at...
  9. Occasional pop-up after signing-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional pop-up after signing-in: Windows 10 (64-bit) v1909, Build 18363.778 set up as a Local account and sometimes (not enough to be a problem but enough to make me curious), after signing-in, I will see a Windows 10 pop-up. See picture: - [img] Does anyone know how to stop it happening? Thanks in...
  10. Start up message box appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up message box appearing: Whenever we start our desktop, the following message appears: "Another instance is running: Configuration system failed to initialize". How can we get rid of that message? I tried the sfc /scannow, but it still reappeared....