Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 3, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running.

In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers that may result in unexpected issues such as battery drainage after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

Intel has already deployed a fix to address the issue but if your driver is not up to date, Microsoft will block the update from reaching your device.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update will result in unexpected issues if your device is using Intel Display Audio device driver (intcdaud.sys, versions 10.25.0.3 – 10.25.0.8). Windows 10 October 2018 Update won’t show up via Windows Update until updated Intel drivers are installed your PC. If you force the update via Media Creation Tool, it may result in excessive processor demand and reduced battery life.

“To ensure a seamless experience, we are blocking devices from being offered Windows 10 version 1809, until updated Intel device drivers are installed on your current operating system,” Microsoft explains.

Intel has already deployed a fix and you’re recommended to update your Intel drivers via Windows Update or Intel’s website before planning to install the Windows 10 version 1809 update.

In a support document, Intel notes that the issue has been addressed with Display Audio Driver version 10.25.0.10 which is bundled in Intel Graphics Driver version 24.20.100.6286 and newer.

“Intel strongly recommends that all users with 6th Generation (codenamed Skylake) or newer processors confirm that Intel Graphics Driver version 24.20.100.6286 or newer is installed on their computers before attempting to update to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,” Intel explains.

The post Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 3, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

Windows 10 October 2018 Update

When is the official windows 10 October 2018 update releases?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

1. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers - Similar Threads - October 2018 Update

2. intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update: after I installed the October 2018 drivers update in my dell 5568 Vostro pc my wifi driver was unable to install after then is not installed yet . It is showing that the windows is still setting up the class configuration for the device. technical support is unable to help...
  3. Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. Since the availability of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, there have been some issues reported by a limited number of users. Firstly the update deleted files from some customers PCs...
  4. Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update: At the time of installation I had made sure that my laptop was running on the latest Intel graphics driver(i.e. v 25.20.100.6323) as recommended by intel... However after the feature update when I checked sound, video and game controllers flyout in device manager, there was...
  5. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update on some Intel devices: Windows 10 October 2018 Update still has some compatibility issues and Microsoft is blocking it on affected devices to ensure a smooth user experience. Today, yet another bug affecting Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been acknowledged by Microsoft which forced the company...
  6. intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems: Hello, I have a laptop with intel 620 graphics and it will not recognize the october 2018 feature update 1809. I am aware that there was a audio driver issue with a recent intel graphics driver update. My driver version is still 23.20.16.4973 that includes an old audio...
  7. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud: Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in Windows 10 October 2018 Update is discovered. Microsoft recently blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on old AMD PCs and it...
  8. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys": On my Surface Pro 4 I am unable to download the Windows 10 October Update because of "a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers" ("intcdaud.sys") - see Microsoft support document "What needs your attention: Intel audio display notification" at...
  10. Nvidia drivers and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia drivers and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Don't forget to uninstall and reinstall your Nvidia drivers after updating to the Windows 10 October 2018 update. After the update it appears the Nvidia drivers are installed properly, however they are not fully installed. The Nvidia driver entry is missing from the Program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 24.20.100.6286 wont load

2. intel driver support assistant blocked windows defender

3. windows 10 october 1809 intel