Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again

Discus and support Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After solving a long turmoil caused by some weird bugs, Microsoft is finally releasing the most anticipated Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 13, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again

After solving a long turmoil caused by some weird bugs, Microsoft is finally releasing the most anticipated Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) today.

This update is full of exciting new features such as Your Phone app, Cloud clipboard, dark theme for File Explorer, new Fluent Design elements, Cortana UI improvements, Search previews, Snip & Sketch app, Edge browser improvements, Better HDR support, New game bar features and many more changes under the hood.

Just like how it happened last year, this update will be rolled out to users in stages. You always you can check for updates manually inside settings or directly update by downloading the Media Creation Tool.

“On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically,” Microsoft said in a support document.

Getting Windows 10 October 2018 Update from Windows settings

If your PC is the part of the first wave, basically you have nothing to do, it’ll automatically download the update but it won’t install unless you allowed. You can always give it a halt by following the on-screen information and do rest of the installation process after finishing your work.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again Check-for-updates.jpg

But if your PC is not a part of the first wave and you can’t wait to install it, here’s the process for you.

• Open Start menu and tap on Settings cog icon or press “win key + I’ to open settings.
    • In Settings app, go to Update & Security page.
    • Start the update by clicking on ‘check for updates’ button.
    • Windows will check for updates and download it in the background. It will show as ‘downloading feature update’.
    • After the PC finishes the download process, it’ll start the installation process.
    • After it finishes the installation, simply click on Restart to complete the update.

Microsoft has made the process very easy as the update will install just like the monthly cumulative updates but the installation of October update will take longer.

Getting Windows 10 October 2018 Update with the Media Creation Tool

If the October 2018 update is not showing up even after checking for updates in the settings page, you can use the Media Creation Tool.

• Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft website.
    • Double-click the file to start the process.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Select Upgrade this PC now option.

If the clean installation is your thing, you can read our tutorial to clean install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

Is Windows 10 October 2018 Update showing up on your PC? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Wilson T Win User

About Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Hi,

I winder when will Microsoft resumes rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers?

Thanks very much Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again :)

Wilson T, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today

Source: Start developing on Windows 10 October 2018 Update today - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 13, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again - Similar Threads - October 2018 Update

2. When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?: I really want to update to the new Windows 10 update, but for some reason, my computer isn't getting it. Can someone please tell me when the rolling out period will end?...
  3. windows 10 october 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october 2018 update: to the mother **** of Windows. I have two computer down because your stupid update and no solution out available when google it or coming to negligent support **** page. since november I am without computers thanks to the mother **** and the Smart idiots of Microsoft. you...
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was installed - cannot now open "settings" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f6308891-f012-4f0d-a3d8-a3e5009feda3
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update: I have really bad network, so I cant install directly. can I download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO and install that via USB or DVD ? how to do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update/f81609b8-ec1a-4328-b407-d998d0c8ddc4
  6. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  7. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Support
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 update.

Windows 10 October 2018 update.: I am eagerly waiting for the new windows update, I checked windows update and also clicked on "check for updates" button, but there were no new updates, a news had came that Microsoft released that update on 9th October, but its already 19, Is my device ineligible? How do I...
  9. October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out: 8T8k5yq_C8A If we could pull your attention away from exploring the beautiful scenery and becoming a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain with Forza Horizon 4, we have some new Xbox One features to share. The October 2018 Xbox Update adds new ways to express yourself with...
  10. windows 10 october update 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 october update 2018: hi joydeep sir what bug fixes included in this update for windows 10 october 1809 and aslo what features included. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-october-update-2018/9b39add1-fba9-40d1-8693-31aaf4cc4c1b