Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser

Discus and support Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer just updated to the newest version yesterday. It is Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Right after that when I tried to use the Chrome Browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eldon Pfaffly, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser

My computer just updated to the newest version yesterday. It is Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Right after that when I tried to use the Chrome Browser I started getting slow responses loading pages with a message on the bottom of the page saying " establishing secure connection". Some pages would finally load, others just kept spinning. Very frustrating. I tried reinstalling chrome, changing network adapter protocols, nothing worked. I have an AMD FX processor with Radeon graphics card. Many people seem to be having the same problem. I finally got it fixed by visiting different forums. I had to go to services, then scroll to cryptographic services and change to local network. I did this as an administrator when opening the services plug-in. All pages load fast now. My problem is that just now I went to log into services, as an administrator, and it said I was blocked for my protection. How can I get back into the services app? I am the one who changed it, why would I now be blocked? I am so upset. First, the update should never have been released with it messing up Chrome that badly. Second I went to answers on the Microsoft forum and only users gave the fix, not the administrators. Now I am locked out of my services app. What if I need to change something else? Oh yea, and it took me all of last night and 4 hours today to fix it because I was afraid to change the setting. Some people said changing the service to local network would affect updates in the future. I finally did change it because I was so frustrated with my chrome not working. How can I get back into my services app now that it blocks me? I right clicked run as administrator and still am blocked. This is really messed up.

:)

Eldon Pfaffly, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser

1. Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser - Similar Threads - October 2019 Update

2. Windows 10 Updated messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated messed up.: Yesterday I had to update my pc, when I logged back in it said "We can't sign into your account" so it sent me to a temporarily profile. I couldn't find a solution then I kinda messed things up and I just made the temporarily account an administrator. This account uses my...
  3. Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!: I have the latest Chrome browser for my 64 bit Windows 10 pro. There are some pages that used to be fine but are now somewhat of a mess. Edge is fine so it is not the system. My wife can shop on Fred Meyer on her system and an item can be added to her cart OK, but on my...
  4. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update

Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update: After the Oct 8 update of Windows 10 on my home edition desktop, on restart the machine does not boot up. After the manufacturer screen, the blue windows logo appears on the black screen and stays stuck there with no hard drive activity. I have tried the below options and...
  5. October 2019 WIndows Update

October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  6. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 update messing up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 October 2018 update messing up my computer: Hi, I have a new Dell 3670 desktop with Dell support. After my October 2018 windows 10 update my computer has serious problems. What happens is the Windows Logo does not work. I can not open Dell SupportAssistant (Dell's program to fix your computer.) In order to...
  9. October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers: Ever since the last update I've been having an issue where I can't connect devices to my bluetooth adapter. However, I noticed that if you put the device in point blank range of the adapter then it sees it. It seems like something in the last update destroyed the range of...
  10. chrome browser update

in Browsers and Email
    chrome browser update: Once is a while when I am on chrome browser a full page window pops up and wants me to update. I am sure this is spam or scam of some type and I do not click on it. My question is since I run ccleaner, malwarebytes, avg, and mrt all of which find nothing why am I getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update fucked up chrome

2. October 2019 Windows update messed with chrome