Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users

Discus and support Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2, is now available for download. Microsoft says the update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users

Today, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2, is now available for download. Microsoft says the update is rolling out to ‘seekers’ or those users who opt to install it by manually checking for updates in the Settings app.

After the launch of Windows 10’s May 2019 Update, Microsoft now allows users to skip the feature updates if they don’t need it. If you don’t want to install October 2020 Update today, simply don’t hit the new ‘Download and install now’ option.

If your device is compatible, Microsoft says you will see the option to download and install October 2020 Update under the ‘Optional updates’ section.

It’s also worth noting that you must be using Windows 10’s September Patch Tuesday updates or newer to get the October 2020 Update under 100MB.

As you may know, Windows 10 October 2020 Update includes select performance improvements, Start Menu improvements, quality enhancements, and bug fixes only.

Key highlights:

• Start Menu gets better: Start Menu is finally getting some love from Microsoft. In this release, Microsoft is introducing a new Fluent Design update called “theme-aware”. It aims to remove accent colours from the live tiles to respect your theme preference (light or dark)
    • Alt Tab expands: If you use Chromium-based Edge, Microsoft says you can now use the Alt-Tab apps switcher to access the open tabs of the browser. If you don’t like this experience, you can always switch back to the default layout from the multitasking tab in the Settings.
    • Control Panel’s System applet is being retired, but you can view all the system information in the Settings > System > About.

When you install the Windows 10 version 20H2 update, it increases the build revision number only by one if you’re currently on Windows 10 version 2004. After the update, build number increases to Build 19042 from 19041.

Like other versions of Windows 10, Microsoft will support October 2020 Update for 18 months on consumer SKUs. Enterprises or businesses will receive cumulative updates for 30 months.

The post Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 October 2020 update

Hi Clayton,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

October 2020 update is in the last phase of testing as it was released last month to the Release preview channel. As far as the name goes, it should release this month.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2020/...

Keep checking Home and the top of this forum for announcements.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 20, 2020
  3. Randomax Win User
    Windows October 2020 Update disabled MS Word.

I installed Windows 10 October 2020 update early morning 10/16/20. I can no longer open Word. (X) Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Do I need to roll back the update or is there a better workaround?

Randomax, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users

1. Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users - Similar Threads - October 2020 Update

2. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hey there ! Is windows 10 october update officially available? Where can I download the iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/e3fa5a2a-1191-459d-9184-1cf8d421f835
  3. When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?

When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?: I really want to update to the new Windows 10 update, but for some reason, my computer isn't getting it. Can someone please tell me when the rolling out period will end?...
  4. Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now available

Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now available: How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 update https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/10/20/how-to-get-the-windows-10-october-2020-update/ What is new in Windows 10 October 2020 update...
  5. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hi Theres rumors saying that Microsoft could release the October 2020 update in the next few days. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/021a779d-9d81-4cde-8170-d4ed6b1d9337
  6. Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2020 Update is now rolling out

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2020 Update is now rolling out: After over a year of testing in the channels of the Windows Insider program, Microsoft is rolling out the Windows 10 May 2020 Update to the mainstream consumers. While the update will be listed as available for your PC in the Windows Update page, Microsoft is promising that...
  7. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  8. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Support
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again: After solving a long turmoil caused by some weird bugs, Microsoft is finally releasing the most anticipated Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) today. This update is full of exciting new features such as Your Phone app, Cloud clipboard, dark theme for File...
  10. October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out: 8T8k5yq_C8A If we could pull your attention away from exploring the beautiful scenery and becoming a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain with Forza Horizon 4, we have some new Xbox One features to share. The October 2018 Xbox Update adds new ways to express yourself with...