Windows 10: Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After October Update when i restart my pc then my pc performance goes very slow even i can't put my password. Even after awake from sleep this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Foyez Ahmed, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem

After October Update when i restart my pc then my pc performance goes very slow even i can't put my password. Even after awake from sleep this problem causes. How can i fix this issue, please help me.

:)

Foyez Ahmed, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 29, 2020
  4. dmccoy Win User

Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem

1. Windows 10 October Problem, Restart Problem - Similar Threads - October Problem Restart

2. Windows 10 restart problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restart problem: I tried to restart my laptop, but it was stuck at 22% for over 5 hours, so I rebooted and entered BIOS and followed some instructions online, but nothing seems to work. What can I do in this case to get my laptop back?...
  3. October update problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    October update problem: I just installed the windows 20hs and found out that the alarm that is on the computer can no longer get past the lock on screen. Therefor the alarm no longer wakes me. Is there a fix?...
  4. Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows 10 October 2020 update.: Hello. I've noticed that recent changes in windows update have caused background blur error in start menu . Here's the video : https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7YZW_BldY6lmQ_eq1SiNKVg60j?e=Q5nj71 You can notice that video in the background appears for a second and then blurs....
  5. October 2020 Windows 10 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2020 Windows 10 update problems: Hello all, After the Windows 10 update in early October 2020, I've experienced a couple of problems with my Lenovo laptop. Firstly, I inserted a CD into my laptop, expecting it to autoplay on VLC media player as it normally would, but no luck. I went to the Windows CD...
  6. Restart Problem in windows 10

Restart Problem in windows 10: i m running win 10 home ver 1903. The windows can shut down in minimal time however when i try to restart, restart takes forever. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-problem-in-windows-10/cb15a4b9-32d8-4ab4-93dd-d9e17e0bceee
  7. Windows 10 restart problems

Windows 10 restart problems: When prompted to restart after downloading version 1903, my machine goes through the motions then locks up part way through the process, check disk, scandisk, dropping my anti-virus and a host of other fix's(including a system reset) has not resolved the issue, is it...
  8. Windows 10 October Update download problem

Windows 10 October Update download problem: I have downloaded the update of Windows 10 Insider Priview 18252.1000 (rs_prereleased) in my PC). After download was complete 100%, the update doesn't install, it still shows me Downloading -100%, but my internet data is also losing. So, in this moment what I can do? My PC...
  9. october update problems

october update problems: after oct update installed: no notifications appear in action center, and "safely remove hardware" message not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update-problems/9d4d8e22-3a83-40f7-abbb-2a683ab96689
  10. Windows 10 restart problem

Windows 10 restart problem: I upgraded to Windows 10 everything seems to run fine but system will not restart from the restart selection on the start menu. Windows update will not reboot automatically either. System looks like it is going to reboot, everything shuts down but as system trys to restart...