Windows 10: Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

Discus and support Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in Windows 10 October 2018 Update is discovered.

Microsoft recently blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on old AMD PCs and it turns out that the Redmond giant is also blocking the feature update on devices with incompatible iCloud software installed.

In an updated support document, Microsoft says that Apple has identified incompatibility issues with iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27). In Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the iCloud users may experience unexpected issues while syncing Shared Albums.

Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud October-update-blocked.jpg

To ensure that experience is as smooth as possible, the company has blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on devices that have the incompatible version of iCloud installed.

“To ensure a seamless experience, Microsoft is blocking devices with iCloud for Windows (version 7.7.0.27) software installed from being offered Window 10, version 1809 until this issue has been resolved,” Microsoft explains.

The company is asking users to wait until the update is offered automatically and you should not manually update your device if the aforementioned software is installed.

Both Microsoft and Apple are aware of the issue and they are working on a fix which will be released soon. After the issue is addressed, the Windows 10 version 1809 will be offered once again on affected devices.

If you’re already on Windows 10 October 2018 Update, you won’t be able to install iCloud version 7.7.0.27. A message “this version of iCloud for Windows isn’t supported” would show up and the installation will fail.

Right direction

It’s another evidence that confirms Microsoft is serious about the user experience on Windows 10. It is undoubtedly a big step in the right direction and Microsoft will continue to be more transparent about the issues in the Windows 10 updates.

The post Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 17, 2018
  2. evadernz Win User

iCloud for Windows will not work with Windows 10 (October 2018 update)

Try this solution that worked in my case (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1809)

1. Open Registry Editor: Win+R | regedit
    2. Navigate to the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    3. Temporarily modify these 3 registry keys:
      • CurrentBuild set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
      • CurrentBuildNumber set value to 17134 (instead of 17763)
      • ReleaseId set value to 1803 (instead of 1809)
    4. Install iCloud: iCloudSetup.exe | when finished, do not restart yet
    5. Restore initial values of the 3 keys (step 3)
    6. Restart PC and complete setup of iCloud
    For Windows 10 in 32-bit version, the path is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

evadernz, Nov 17, 2018
  3. iCloud for Windows will not work with Windows 10 (October 2018 update)

Thanks, evandernz.

Close, but still a problem.

Making those three changes allowed iCloud to install, but right at the end, Windows reported that the Windows Installer had an unexpected error. So the iCloud installation rolled back. I tried to stop the installer from rolling back, but cannot.

sharpcolorado, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

1. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud - Similar Threads - October update temporarily

2. Incompatible PCs running Windows 11 Beta.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible PCs running Windows 11 Beta.: As a Windows Insider, I've had the latest updates in the development channel to Windows 10 for the last three years, using an old 3rd generation i5, with TPM 1.2 laptop. I was able to install the July pre-release of Windows 11, but have recently been moved to the Beta...
  3. Incompatible PCs running Windows 11 Beta.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible PCs running Windows 11 Beta.: As a Windows Insider, I've had the latest updates in the development channel to Windows 10 for the last three years, using an old 3rd generation i5, with TPM 1.2 laptop. I was able to install the July pre-release of Windows 11, but have recently been moved to the Beta...
  4. Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 blocks feature updates on PCs with unsupported settings: The latest feature update ‘Windows 10 version 2004’, also known as May 2020 Update, is plagued with issues that could potentially cause Blue Screen of Deaths and wreck apps or core features of the operating system on some configurations. In an attempt to ward off widespread...
  5. Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks October 2018 Update on some PCs with Mophisec program installed: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public on October 2nd. Since the availability of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, there have been some issues reported by a limited number of users. Firstly the update deleted files from some customers PCs...
  6. Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft temporarily blocks Windows 10 October update on old AMD Radeon PCs: Microsoft released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public skipping the Release Preview Ring on October 2, 2018. The update was blocked after just 4 days due to major issues found during installation. After almost a month the company re-released the Windows...
  7. iCloud for Windows will not work with Windows 10 (October 2018 update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iCloud for Windows will not work with Windows 10 (October 2018 update): After upgrading to windows 10, version 1809, build 17763.55 I am unable to load iCloud. The install fails with [ iCloud for windows requires windows 7, windows 8 or windows 10 (April 2018 Update) and earlier ]. I have deleted all Apple software and reinstalled iTunes. When...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys": On my Surface Pro 4 I am unable to download the Windows 10 October Update because of "a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers" ("intcdaud.sys") - see Microsoft support document "What needs your attention: Intel audio display notification" at...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  10. Windows 10 October Update KB3105208 Causing BSODs on Some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October Update KB3105208 Causing BSODs on Some PCs: Users claim Microsoft has just shipped a botched update Botched updates are not something new for Microsoft, but it seems that almost every single update that the company releases for Windows 10 is actually causing problems. Not for too many users, but still. This...