Windows 10: Windows 10 October update

Discus and support Windows 10 October update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On October 2nd my computer installed the October update. After it was done my computer restarted and my profile and all my documents were gone. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cts304, Oct 6, 2018.

1. cts304 Win User

Windows 10 October update

On October 2nd my computer installed the October update. After it was done my computer restarted and my profile and all my documents were gone. My computer restarted a second time and got stuck on "Repairing Startup". It was stuck here for two days. It said it failed. I saw a blue screen with a button that said restart so I restarted my computer.

Then I got a blue screen again and tried a system restore which it said there was no admin profile. So I restarted again and my hard drive crashed. I had to get everything replaced at a computer repair shop. My laptop was working GREAT with no problems before the update.

Has anybody else had a problem this bad? More than their profile and documents missing?

Thank you in advance.

:)

cts304, Oct 6, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 October update - Similar Threads - October update

2. High Logon duration observed after October month patch update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Logon duration observed after October month patch update: Hi Team, We have identified high logon duration since November. When we checked the data we identified the logon duration was between average of 18 to 20 secs but now it's 30 to 35sec average We would like to understand from your side if any new changes has been implemented...
  3. High Logon duration observed after October month patch update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Logon duration observed after October month patch update: Hi Team, We have identified high logon duration since November. When we checked the data we identified the logon duration was between average of 18 to 20 secs but now it's 30 to 35sec average We would like to understand from your side if any new changes has been implemented...
  4. High Logon duration observed after October month patch update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 is too slow after the October/November 2023 update hence unusable for business...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is too slow after the October/November 2023 update hence unusable for business...: The October/November MS update has pretty much rendered my laptop useless for business purposes. I tried to uninstall, but Windows senses the outstanding updates and reinstalled upon restart. How do I roll back this update and ensure that the change sticks?...
  6. Windows 11 is too slow after the October/November 2023 update hence unusable for business...

Windows 11 is too slow after the October/November 2023 update hence unusable for business...: The October/November MS update has pretty much rendered my laptop useless for business purposes. I tried to uninstall, but Windows senses the outstanding updates and reinstalled upon restart. How do I roll back this update and ensure that the change sticks?...
  7. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  8. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  9. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows Update error code 800719E4 on October 2023 updates

Windows Update error code 800719E4 on October 2023 updates: We have several Azure VDIs with Windows 10 22H2 that have error 800719E4 while installing October 2023 Windows updates KB5031356 and even the latest one KB5031445. The update process seems to run fine but, after the restart, the updates are rollback and we got the 800719E4...