Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - In File Explorer (Windows 10) on my laptop there is a folder called: DrFoneForAndroid. Is it supposed to be on my laptop? There are 754 files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1Convict, Jul 2, 2019.

1. 1Convict Win User

WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop

Hi - In File Explorer (Windows 10) on my laptop there is a folder called: DrFoneForAndroid. Is it supposed to be on my laptop? There are 754 files in this folder with file names as follows: local00000001 next file local00000002 and so on. I have no idea what they are. The folder is quite large being 20.1 GB (21,669,634,048 bytes) and all the files are dated 19 September 2018. There are two .tmp files as follows: local00000746.tmp (99,889KB) and local00000491.tmp (4,381KB)

There are two folders inside the folder 1) WhatsAppAttachment 2) Avatars. Both of these folders have nothing in them. I do however have a Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone (Android) too and I do tether my phone to my laptop as the only data I have is on my phone. I am just wondering if it is a folder that I can delete? Or if I did delete it, then what would occur.

Thank you

:)

1Convict, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop - Similar Threads - Odd Folder Laptop

2. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  3. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  4. Odd windows 10 wallpaper

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Odd windows 10 wallpaper: Is it possible to specify a set of wallpapers to rotate through the per-monitor in windows 10? I want to use one of my three monitors in portrait, so I would like to set wallpapers for that monitor to rotate through a folder of portrait wallpapers. For the other two, I would...
  5. Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....: So my personal laptop just gave me a notification saying "Your organization requires your device to restart in 15 days." Like I said, this is my personal laptop, and it is not associated/registered to any organization or company. A little concerning if you ask me....Has...
  6. Odd folder in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Odd folder in Chrome: Was looking for something and came across this folder in Chrome. It got me a bit worried so I restored a previous Windows image but when I updated Chrome it was back. The folders with male and female names have exactly that, a bunch of names. The password folder has a bunch...
  7. Some odd folder spaces on Deviantart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some odd folder spaces on Deviantart: I checked every folders on Favorite page, I looked at one of the folders but there up to me four rows and not five. I clicked on Edit page. On edit mode there are three rows. So I just don't understand. I don't know If there must be a glitch. I logged on deviantart on Google...
  8. Odd owner folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd owner folder name: Hello, After having installed win 10, windows has chosen w/o consulting me a concatenation of my 1st name and few characters of my last name as my folder name (the one in c:\users\). Can I change it back to my first name or <first>space<last> or anything sensible? Thank...
  9. Odd problem with 'documents' folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with 'documents' folder.: Hi: Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but today I discovered a really worrying problem. My 'documents' folder suddenly got moved into another folder named 'Doctor Web.' Looking into this, I find that Doctor Web is a piece of security software originating in...
  10. Folder Displaying Oddly In Win Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Displaying Oddly In Win Explorer?: I have a folder, which contains three png image in it and it's being displayed with a black background. [img] This has also occurred, with some png image within a folder as well, but this has never happened to the folder itself. Would anyone know why this folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. odd filder