Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Owlyz, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Owlyz Win User

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Hello.

I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.'

So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it linked to my Microsoft account... shouldn't it mean I could be able to?

My digital key came on a sticker, I don't own a box.

Thanks!

:)

Owlyz, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 OEM Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

1. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer - Similar Threads - OEM activation computer

2. Windows 10 activation on new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation on new computer.: Can I activate windows on my new pc with my digital license connected to my MS account? The license on my current pc is a windows 10 oem license, not upgraded from windows 8. It would really suck to have to spend even more money just to activate windows....
  3. Activate Windows 10 on a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate Windows 10 on a new computer: I purchased a new Dell computer and cannot get Windows 10 to complete the installation. SR Number 989429355, Order #473100195 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-10-on-a-new-computer/214fa33b-e68c-4eda-bde1-bc6b0454f63c
  4. Can't activate windows on a new computer.

Can't activate windows on a new computer.: Help I have recently upgraded from a z97 system to an x99 system and my new system won't activate windows and the info I have found thus far has not been helpful. Would someone be able to help me out? Screenshots linked bellow will illustrate the issue. The first picture is...
  5. activation win 10 in new computer

activation win 10 in new computer: Hi, I know my English is terrible, but... I have a one big problem: I participated in the testing of windows 10 and I got a free key from you (unfortunately I lost it), I worked earlier on the original windows 7 but on the new computer I can not install win 7 because as...
  6. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer: My computer died and I built a new one. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro but can't activate it. My account says I have 2 PCs but my old one is dead. Should I delete my old PC from my account? Will I be able then to activate my new PC?...
  7. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  8. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  9. Activate on new computer?

Activate on new computer?: I recently built a new computer, and after I got it working I installed Windows 10 from my Laptop that I was using previously and after about a day a message telling me to activate windows popped up. but I never needed to activate my laptop. Is my new computer going to...
  10. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384