Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Owlyz, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Owlyz Win User

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Hello.

I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.'

So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it linked to my Microsoft account... shouldn't it mean I could be able to?

My digital key came on a sticker, I don't own a box.

Thanks!

:)

Owlyz, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 OEM Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

1. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer - Similar Threads - OEM activation computer

2. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  3. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  4. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 activation on new computer

Windows 10 activation on new computer: Attempting to install a brand new copy of windows 10 on an all new PC and it displays the error 'Windows could not verify the product key. Please check your installation media.' Any information on how to fix this appreciated....
  6. Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer: I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer? I know I can't use the license from the old one but if I buy a new serial key is it then possible to do what I'm about to...
  7. A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows.

A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows.: Hello everyone, I have a new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows. Tried all possible solutions with no luck. Need direct contact details to talk directly with the support. Thanks,...
  8. Activate Windows 10 OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows 10 OEM: A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already...
  9. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...
  10. New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Computer With OEM Win 10 (Screensaver Function Doesn't Activate): Last week I purchased a new computer pre-installed with Windows 10. After installing applications I needed (including an extra purchase of Office 365), I set the system to my preferred power settings, which are to never turn off the monitors and never shut the system down,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows 10 oem on new pc