Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM Clean Install

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have windows 10 home. If I were to install an OEM version of windows 10 pro, would I have to do a clean install? I've read online that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Revrux, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Revrux Win User

Windows 10 OEM Clean Install

I currently have windows 10 home.

If I were to install an OEM version of windows 10 pro, would I have to do a clean install? I've read online that you have to do a clean install if you had windows 7 or 8.1, but do you have to if you already have windows 10?

tldr; Already have windows 10 home, do I have to do a clean install if I have a windows 10 pro OEM?

:)

Revrux, Sep 9, 2019

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 OEM Clean Install - Similar Threads - OEM Clean Install

2. Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?: I have a HP laptop and I had to reinstall windows due to my stupidity but after i reinstalled it none of my oem software were installed, What should i do and is it fine if there's no oem software installed on my laptop?...
  3. Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install of windows 11 removes oem software?: I have a HP laptop and I had to reinstall windows due to my stupidity but after i reinstalled it none of my oem software were installed, What should i do and is it fine if there's no oem software installed on my laptop?...
  4. Clean install using Windows OEM in unactivated PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install using Windows OEM in unactivated PC?: I have an Acer laptop that is unactivated because of a bootlegged Windows install from 4 years ago. I would like to do a clean install using a Windows OEM but I'm unsure how to do this safely. I've only seen forums that say clean installs from previously activated PCs so I...
  5. OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?

OEM Pre-installed Windows or Clean install?: I want to reinstall my device. Should I download Recovery from the Manufacturer's website OR simply from the Microsoft's site??? Which is best and why??? Performance or stability related Thnx...
  6. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install: I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10? My current install is a clean...
  7. Should I clean install Windows 10 Enterprise OEM Activated or not?

Should I clean install Windows 10 Enterprise OEM Activated or not?: Hi, I am considering to clean install windows 10 enterprise oem activated. But I was wondering if my hardware will be compatible or not because I have heard that an oem os is locked to the computer's hardware. Now considering that I successfully installed oem on my machine,...
  8. Is installing a clean windows 10 on OEM laptops impossible [discuss.]

Is installing a clean windows 10 on OEM laptops impossible [discuss.]: hello the thread title was meant to be "Is installing a clean windows 10 on OEM laptops impossible without losing associated manufacture recovery methods [discussion] " but you know i can't use more letters for post title first of all i'm not a computer expert but i know...
  9. Clean install help needed; Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10

Clean install help needed; Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10: Hi everybody; I downloaded the ISO for Windows 10 Home 32/64 bit and tried to do a clean install but it didn't accept my Windows 7 OEM key. Any idea anyone? I really do not like upgrades, always do clean install. Henk 20327
  10. Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?

Windows 10 upgrade or clean install - Retail vs OEM?: Hi New here - sorry if not in right section. Basically, I have a fresh unused Win 8.1 (non pro) retail boxed licence that I'm thinking of using to get Windows 10 Home before the free upgrade expires. I was thinking of performing a clean install of Win 10 and activating...