Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I apologize in advance for too long question, but I want to once and for all to understand, and it is interesting to many others. So, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DmitriyShulik, Mar 11, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

Hello

I apologize in advance for too long question, but I want to once and for all to understand, and it is interesting to many others.

So, in recent years on the trading floors ebey type and those with him, a large number of sellers offering the license keys windows 10 different versions. I understand perfectly well that the acquisition of these keys is illegal, and the use of windows activated by these keys violates both the license agreement and the legislation in the field of copyright and intellectual property but the question is, these people got these keys from Microsoft in one way or another legal way, at the same time, they paid for them, and I don’t think they sell them without profit.. As far as I could find the information, it is overwhelmingly the keys of the OEM, and although it is illegal to buy these keys, but if you get these keys (from Microsoft, let's say this is our seller), assemble the computer, install Windows and sell this computer, then using this copy windows absolutely legal.

Thus, from the above, we can conclude that Microsoft sells OEM keys for a few dollars apiece, despite the fact that the boxed version of Windows costs $ 120-200 +?

Based on a large number of such vendors, not only a major computer manufacturer (such as DELL, HP, ASUS...), but also rather small manufacturers can become a partner of Microsoft?

Can an organization become such a partner for personal needs, including licensing of virtual machines on production servers?

Thanks in advance for any useful information on these issues.

:)

DmitriyShulik, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Thedefh Win User

Windows 10 OEM licence and activation

Hello,

I have several questions the licence and activation:

Can you legally buy used (and decactivated) windows 10 OEM licences and use them with a PC different from what it was supplied with?

Lets assume I bought such licence and the activation was successful on such a machine - does it mean I can continue and legally use the OS?

I read that there was a 'system builder' clause when using OEM licences that lets you transfer said licences to different machies if you take the OEM responsibility on yourself.

If it's not possible with windows 10 OEM is it possible with any other OEM version of windows such as windows 7 or 8?

Thanks,

Thedefh, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licence

We recently purchased machines with came with Windows 10 OEM licences and had others upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period.

Question - Can we use the OEM versions in a business or will we need to upgrade those licences ?

Thanks

PiotrPaweska, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Chryonn Win User

WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

1. WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not - Similar Threads - OEM licence legal

2. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  3. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  4. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 OEM licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM licence: Hi,I need some clarification. I have read that OEM licence should be preinstalled by system builder on PC. My question is this, if i dont buy PC as whole , rather i buy components that they shop will put together and I buy OEM licence in same shop does that qualify legaly...
  6. OEM Licences

OEM Licences: I have a registered non-oem license for win 10 pro and an OEM win 10 pro on a newer laptop. I cannot access the original details as the hdd gave up. Is there any way to obtain the original registration details from Microsoft? Can a retail licence activate an oem on a new...
  7. WIndows EDU and OEM Licence

WIndows EDU and OEM Licence: My Son has a Dell Laptop that came with OEM Windows 10. He has purchased a desktop, and wanted to activate his Edu Windows licence. His MSFT account says the licence was already activated 2 years ago, which would be when he got his laptop. There should have been no need to...
  8. oem licence

oem licence: somehow my windows 10 product id has been changed. i dont know how to get my original OEM product id. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-licence/7a0f0577-11cb-4d23-8bf6-9f1fc4da58f2
  9. win 10 oem licence

win 10 oem licence: Hello, I am using win 10 pro upgraded from win 8 , after upgrading the win is activated with a digital licence , when I put my original win 8 key in the change the licence field the licence shows a oem key in the basic computer information page, does it mean any thing ?...
  10. OEM Licence

OEM Licence: I have two question about my Windows 10 OS 1st- Since I'm willing to replace my HP damaged motherboard with a same HP model (used but working) motherboard, does my Windows licence expires due to internal serial number or version of the replace motherboard? 2nd- Suppose I...