Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM License

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there looking for some answers. I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license. Does this come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Oscar Ricketts, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 OEM License

Hi there looking for some answers.

I am about to build a new PC, a week or two away and I am going to buy a Windows 10 OEM license.

Does this come on a DVD? Something I wont be able to use, as it wont have a DVD reader.

Or can I download the ISO file on a USB and use the product key of the OEM to activate windows.

:)

Oscar Ricketts, Jan 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jan 5, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 OEM License

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM License

1. Windows 10 OEM License - Similar Threads - OEM License

2. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  3. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  4. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  5. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  6. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  7. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows with an OEM license: Hello! I bought an Intel nuc 10 i5FNKN and it came with a version of Windows 10. I did a fresh installation and it won't let me activate the license with the key on the back cover that says "Windows 10 pro for OEM software" it's very strange and never had happened to me...
  8. I can't activate Windows with an OEM license

9. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d
  10. I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...

I have OEM windows 10 home but i installed PRO and bought Home to Pro license, Can i...: I already have pro installed but license doesn't want to activatePC came with home but i wanted pro. so i reinstalled Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-oem-windows-10-home-but-i-installed-pro-and/4680b586-be81-4d7e-8c37-ca9b556f439d