Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an OEM version of Win10 that came on a bootable disk. I installed that on my current SSD. Now I'm wondering what to do if this SSD gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AA11BB22CC33, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive

I have an OEM version of Win10 that came on a bootable disk.

I installed that on my current SSD. Now I'm wondering what to do if this SSD gets corrupted.

Can I just re-install Windows on a new SSD even though it's the OEM version?

Do I need to so something with the installation on the old drive (e.g. formatting the SSD) before I can install it on the new drive?

:)

AA11BB22CC33, Jul 4, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive

1. Windows 10 OEM reinstall on new drive - Similar Threads - OEM reinstall drive

2. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  3. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  4. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Oem to New motherboard and hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Oem to New motherboard and hard drive: Is it possible to transfer oem windows 10 if it is upgrade from windows 7? My brother is upgrading his computer to a Ryzen build with a ssd and has a windows 10 home key from amazon that was oem. Is it possible to then take that same key and use it with new hardware?...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key

Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key: I am switching my Windows laptop to Linux, but I want to keep the possibility to revert to windows if I ever have the need to. Is it possible to save only the OEM key and reinstall the OS and have it properly activated? Do I need to keep an .iso image of the system?...
  7. Installing OEM Windows 10 To A New Drive?

Installing OEM Windows 10 To A New Drive?: I am currently waiting for my NVME drive to come into the mail, and I'm going to be installing Windows 10 onto it and reformating the HDD. I already have data backups (Everybody should) and am wondering how to get the factory windows onto the SSD. There is a recovery...
  8. new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new hard drive, OEM Windows 10 license: Hi, I have a Dell desktop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home copy. I need to replace the hard drive due to speed / noise issues. My question is, if I get a new hard drive, how can I install Windows 10 on it again? And how to ensure that will be a "valid" licensed copy?...
  9. Reinstallation oem

Reinstallation oem: I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive: Hello! I have a question about reinstalling Windows 10 on a new drive. The thing is that I had Windows 7 (Home edition) preinstalled on my computer a few years back and did the upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, I once bought a new drive to reinstall it to it, which of...