Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NuttawatPhai, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Hi,

Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key.

Is there any way to check the type of license? and I heard that "slmgr/dli" can check license type but cannot check MSDN license is that true?

:)

NuttawatPhai, Dec 17, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

MSDN Windows7 Key question

Through MSDN it's one key per PC.

erocker, Dec 17, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

1. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key - Similar Threads - OEM MSDN key

2. Is MSDN product key illegal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is MSDN product key illegal?: Hello,Is MSDN product key which came with a workstation illegal? There are many workstations at office that came with Windows product key and it works normal. I have been told that you can't use it in a production environment at office, you need to buy a new product key for...
  3. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM vs FPP: I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from parts new pc b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS I've searched around but haven't managed to...
  4. Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM

Windows 10 Pro DSP vs OEM: I would like to know which Windows 10 Pro license DSP, OEM, FPP is OK by Microsoft for the following two new-computer scenarios: a. Assembled from parts new pc b. New branded pc Dell, HP etc. bought with no OS FreeDOS/FreeOS I've searched around but haven't managed to...
  5. Windows 10 MSDN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 MSDN: Tried to install the MSDN download of "en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1909_x64_dvd_ada535d0". It did not aske for a license key during the install and now will not allow me to enter a key to activate. Any options?...
  6. Activation vs. OEM key

Activation vs. OEM key: I am intending to purchase a new Windows 10 key, since I purchased a new motherboard that was apart of a custom build. What is the exact difference between these two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-vs-oem-key/83e32b8f-37cb-4704-9588-06f17650c81a
  7. Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 OEM vs Windows 10 Pro: Accidentally purchased Windows 10 OEM version. From what I've read, this isn't the end of the world just some limitations if I decide to switch MOBOs. I started the install and it came to provide a product key. I have absolutely 0 product key on this thing. No multicolored...
  8. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  9. Windows 10 oem vs retail

Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851
  10. Windows 10 oem vs retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 oem vs retail: What is the difference between oem and retail version of windows 10. Is ti true that oem version can only install once and retail version can install as many times as needed ? 132851

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 MSDN ES