Windows 10: Windows 10 OEM

Discus and support Windows 10 OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just looking to clear some things up. I'm still operating currently on Win7, but going to be building a new gaming rig anyway. Are the OEM copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndyTempest, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 OEM

Just looking to clear some things up.

I'm still operating currently on Win7, but going to be building a new gaming rig anyway.

Are the OEM copies webstores such as Scan.co.uk and Ebuyer.com and other PC Component retailers selling fully legit copies?

I've been reading some horror stories about OEM licenses purchased from the dodgy sites such as Kinguin and CdJkeys etc.. expiring after X amount of time, I'm guessing the Component retailers copies are less likely for this to occur since they're averaging around £100 for a key whereas the shady sites are like £25.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Andy Cowle

:)

AndyTempest, Jun 25, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 OEM

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 OEM

1. Windows 10 OEM - Similar Threads - OEM

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  5. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  6. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  7. Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony

Replace OEM Key with a HP DELL Lenovo or Sony: Just out curiosity what happens when you get a Pro Version of Windows and your PC has the Home Version. Can you upgrade OEM Key on motherboard by reactivating with a Pro OEM Key or will you need to keep Pro OEM Key so every time reinstalled Windows you will need to reactivate...
  8. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  9. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  10. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...