Windows 10: Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin

Discus and support Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP Compaq nc6120 laptop works perfectly well on 1909 when booted from a Windows To Go USB stick but always fails when I try to upgrade the 1709... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian Horton, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin

My HP Compaq nc6120 laptop works perfectly well on 1909 when booted from a Windows To Go USB stick but always fails when I try to upgrade the 1709 installed on its hard drive. In case lack of space was the issue, I cleared the user files off to make 8GB available but it still failed as before.

After the rollback to 1709 I restored the user files but found Word could only open docx files if run as Admin, whereas Excel opened .xlsx files normally. I created a new admin user account and logged in as that, then deleted my old account, then recreated it. Now neither Word nor Excel can open files unless run as Admin. Also OneDrive doesn’t start. Any ideas?

Brian

:)

Brian Horton, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Richchad Win User

Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10

I have read of many problems trying to get Excel or Office 2007 to work in Windows 10.

I have just aquired a new desktop PC with Windows 10 and at first copied across my Office 12 to the Microsoft office file, however it wouldn't run.

So I installed my original copy of Office 2007 and it now runs Excel and Word okay.

However I can open them with a shortcut and the select to open any file from the program, but if I select a folder with say an excel file and double click it to open, it shows a blank Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

If I try to select open with... it only shows Excel 2016 as an option, no Excel 2007

Anyone know how to fix this?

Richchad, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

Have the same problem, here are my conditions:

- Windows 10 Professional x64.

- Office 2007 Ultimate.

- Opening Word and Excel documents is slow when Word/Excel not currently open/running.

- Opening the Word/Excel document with Word/Excel already open is fast/normal.

Solution is the same as reported:

1) Disable Cortana.

2) Restart Windows.

Step 2 is very important.

wayne_9901, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin

How to open in Windows 10 , office 365 : older version of Word docs & Excel xls

How to open in Windows 10 , office 365 : older version of Word docs & Excel xls ?

RaphaelBigio, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin

1. Windows 10 Office 2007 Word & Excel can only open docs if run as Admin - Similar Threads - Office 2007 Word

2. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  3. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Doc opens in read-only: I am the owner of a MS 365 account. I have created a file on my desktop and uploaded it into my OneDrive. The file is NOT marked as Read-Only, On One-Drive online I can open, read, and edit the file. However, on my Android tablet, where I am logged into the exact same 365...
  4. Word Doc opens in read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Solution to Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 not opening Word or Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Solution to Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 not opening Word or Excel: I found the fix. in this case, all that needs to be done is to remove and versions of excel viewer then outlook will point to what ever version of excel that you have on your pc. that's it*Smile Windows10 version 1909 162271
  6. office excel 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    office excel 2007: why do I keep getting an error in office 2007 STDOLE32.tlb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-2007/b77a8896-af42-4b81-9012-8ab19c1963bc
  7. Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2007 and Excel 2007 frozen. How to uninstall: Both Word 2007 and Excel 2007 have frozen with the an error message "The parameter is incorrect." I cannot uninstall. Route was C:\Users\Wanda\appdata\roaming\microsoft\internetexplorer\quicklaunch\userpinned\taskbar\microsoftofficeword2007.Ink I tried every...
  8. Excel/Word doc opens after Windows 10 startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Excel/Word doc opens after Windows 10 startup: I have a user with this same problem as asked previously. When they log into their computer running Windows 10, a blank Excel spreadsheet opens. Occasionally it will be 2 Excel spreadsheets or more. Previous question ...there's nothing in startup folders, run registry,...
  9. Microsoft Office Word 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office Word 2007: My laptop runs Windows 10. I regularly get updates which then result in me losing access to my Word files. I usually uninstall them and can then use my documents as usual. I tried to uninstall the recent updates but cannot do this. Spoke to someone from Microsoft who said she...
  10. Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Running Excel 2007 in Windows 10: I have read of many problems trying to get Excel or Office 2007 to work in Windows 10. I have just aquired a new desktop PC with Windows 10 and at first copied across my Office 12 to the Microsoft office file, however it wouldn't run. So I installed my original copy of...