Windows 10: Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

Discus and support Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have several computers, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 1 HP Workstation, Windows 10 Pro 2 laptops, Chromebook and Mac. On my Workstation I have a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by N-Cudmore, Oct 19, 2020.

1. N-Cudmore Win User

Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

I have several computers, Windows 10 Pro for Workstation 1 HP Workstation, Windows 10 Pro 2 laptops, Chromebook and Mac. On my Workstation I have a licensed version of Office 2019 this is because of issues I've had in the past with MS Project and Visio with Office 365 when Office was updated. I have a company subscription for Office 365 which is installed on the laptops and Mac.

On the Mac I can login one user id and password and then open Outlook to get email from my MSN, Gmail and Company email MS tenancy of Office 365. All of which don't require me to login again and again and uses stored passwords.

Since the 2004 and 2010 updates to Windows 10 on the Workstation and the laptops I have to login to the machine, then I get a pop-up telling me to fix the account doesn't say which account and then it prompts me for password and I have to guess which account it is talking about - so best option here is to ignore it and then open Outlook and then sign in to one or more of the accounts - sometime via the MS Authenticator om my phone sometimes just password. Note this isn't always the same accounts and not always all of the accounts.

I have on the Workstation set it up to login with a local account, the company owned laptop is set to the Company account, and my personal laptop to my MSN account. In addition sometimes on the Workstation I can only login with my password, sometimes Windows Hello works, but when I doesn't and I have to login with a password, I find that it has 'forgotten' Hello settings and it has to be re-trained.

Also on the Workstation it will ask me to allow the company to control the machine or just the app. Clearly, the logical option here is just the app, since I don't want the company to have the option of wiping the whole machine, just my company email if need be.

So, in general I have to login to the computer, ignore the fix my account, open Outlook, on the workstation normally say not to allow the company access just the app, then re-enter one or more account passwords and sometimes authorise via Authenticator on my phone, and sometimes re-enter Google username and password.

I have removed and added profiles multiple times on the Windows machines trying to fix this issue, and folks from MS tech support have also remotely connected 3 different people last count and now got to the stage where I tend to use the MacBook or the Chromebook or even my phone in preference to having to face the hassle of Windows 10. One even got me to reinstall Office 2019 and Office 365!

Anyone see this behaviour before and actually know what the fix is?

:)

N-Cudmore, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

ie, outlook, wmplayer and office crash when using atitool

When i use atitool to automatically start at startup and use an oc when a 3d-app is detected then it totally breaks most microsoft stuff here *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins :p. ie, outlook, wmplayer and anything from office won't start and crash. That's quite a bug so you might want to look into it *Wink Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins ;).
    I got windows xp prof, office xp, wmplayer 10, ie 6, outlook 6.

Neverwinterx, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins

1. Windows 10, Office and Outlook too many logins - Similar Threads - Office Outlook too

2. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  3. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...: I put my computer on sleep mode and took a bit of a break, and when I came back it wouldn't let me log in because it said that I had put in too many wrong password attempts. What's weird about this is that no one went and tried to physically log on to my PC. It said to input...
  4. Too many failed login attempts, but I didn't try to login...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Too many login attempts, administrator profile disappeared from login screen: My kids where playing with my PC and typed in the password wrong numerous times and now it deleted the administrator profile from the login screen. How do I get it back? I have another profile which I'm able to login into but there is no administrator privileges in that...
  6. How many are too many fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How many are too many fonts in Windows 10: So right not I don't have any problems with my 1700 fonts. But I feel like it could be affecting my Adobe illustrator. I was wondering how many my computer can handle. I have a Dell Precision 5820 with 2 hard drives 250GB and 1 TB with 32 RAM with a graphic Driver NVIDIA...
  7. Too many bluescreen errors on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many bluescreen errors on windows 10: I gave been getting too many blue screen errors that say 'Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart'. I reset my laptop but the problem started again. The only major installations or changes I made are installing apache-spark, python java and Hadoop and changing...
  8. Windows 10 Outlook login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Outlook login: Hi When I type in outlook.com no matter what browser I am using it automatically logs in to outlook. It does not prompt a login screen asking for used id and password. What do I need to do to fix this so it prompts for used id and password? Thanks so much for you...
  9. Windows Office 10 Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Office 10 Outlook: When opening my email I always get a blank page and then have to click on "Inbox" before I can get to my mail. Is there a way of correcting this so it opens directly to the mail please? 91653
  10. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document.": Hallo everyone, Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work." I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also...