Windows 10: Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs

Discus and support Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I've found this very unique and very annoying Bug. Every time one of my users prints to a Xerox Printer the Microsoft windows 10 office app opens.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JustAnotherITGuy586, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs

So I've found this very unique and very annoying Bug. Every time one of my users prints to a Xerox Printer the Microsoft windows 10 office app opens. If I remove the app it comes back, every time.

I've done the same process as admin and it Still comes back.

I've looked online and as of 9/20/2019 no one seems to be seeing the same error.

So Far I've just used the Apps & features windows and selected the app and clicked uninstall. It goes through a loading bar then disappears. Then when we print we get the accounting code pop up and the app all over again.

I've also reset the default file associations and Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.

When I logged on to my account and printed to a different printer it didn't happen. The app remained gone and didn't appear.

Yet when I had my user login and try again, it came back again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JustAnotherITGuy586, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs

How do I cancel a print job from Windows 10 OS?

OK, let's get this solved once and for all. These steps are directly from my Windows 10 machine (not with the anniversary update, steps may vary for the anniversary update, but is generally the same)

Open Start->Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners. Scroll down and click on the text labeled Devices and printers. This will then open a control panel window. On this screen double click your printer, then you should have the option to select specific print
    jobs and cancel them.

Please let me know if you still are not able to cancel a print job from these instructions. Also always remember Office makes stuff, Windows prints it so the option will never show in Office.

nastybutler1986, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs

1. Windows 10 office app keeps opening on print jobs - Similar Threads - office app keeps

2. Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.: We print something to our HP printers I assumed it was a printer issue but it's happening to 4 different people and HP couldn't find anything , It prints fine, maybe you print again within the next 5 minutes the printer queue job will be stuck indefinitely, could be 5 minutes...
  3. Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Queue Job Keeps Getting Stuck on Every Job After the First.: We print something to our HP printers I assumed it was a printer issue but it's happening to 4 different people and HP couldn't find anything , It prints fine, maybe you print again within the next 5 minutes the printer queue job will be stuck indefinitely, could be 5 minutes...
  4. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  5. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  6. Error Printing – Print job notification error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Error Printing – Print job notification error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you encounter Error – Printing message when printing a document in Windows 10, then this post will help you fix the Print job notification […] This article Error Printing – Print job notification error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Print Job Disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Job Disappearing: I followed all the recommended options for helping my print job not disappear, but they continue to spool for a couple seconds then disappear...I am at my wits end. I know its not the printer because a test print works fine. I have windows 10...
  8. Print jobs stuck in print quese

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print jobs stuck in print quese: My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the...
  9. Print jobs stuck in print quese

in Windows 10 Support
    Print jobs stuck in print quese: My wife recently changed from Chrome to Firefox on her laptop. Afterward the system would hang whenever she tried to print something. I looked and it seems that jobs get stuck in the print queue after printing. There was a test page and another job. I was able to cancel the...
  10. Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?: Hi, We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few minutes, it eventually prints. I have checked and do not have anything in my printer queue. Does anyone have any ideas how to get...