Windows 10: Windows 10 & Office Licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 & Office Licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft. One of my office computers has hardware problem, after checked by a computer technician we are sure that we need to replace the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HDKZ, Nov 22, 2020.

1. HDKZ Win User

Windows 10 & Office Licensing

Hello, Microsoft.

One of my office computers has hardware problem, after checked by a computer technician we are sure that we need to replace the motherboard. Unfortunately we could not find the same model motherboard on the market.

The computer has Windows 10 and Office properly installed and activated. And we have both the installation CDs and serial numbers. We are thinking to replace the motherboard with a different model and reinstall the Windows and Office.

So, the questions are. Do Windows 10 and Office Licenses allow us to reinstall them on the same computer but different motherboard? And how about the activation procedure? Do they will be auto online activated as usual or do we have to perform some extra steps?

Regards,
    Handoko.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 64 bit OEM, with no Office?

I don't ever recall office coming with windows ever you always had to buy office is a separate license

I missed cd's post......+1

Iirc office cost more than windows FYI

jboydgolfer, Nov 22, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 & Office Licensing - Similar Threads - Office Licensing

2. how do i know if i have a current Microsoft office license that is current

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i know if i have a current Microsoft office license that is current: how do i know if i have a current Microsoft license or registration from the past or another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-have-a-current-microsoft-office/e1a09d86-9eec-4e63-9431-5ac34c41f0a8
  3. how do i know if i have a current Microsoft office license that is current

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i know if i have a current Microsoft office license that is current: how do i know if i have a current Microsoft license or registration from the past or another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-i-have-a-current-microsoft-office/e1a09d86-9eec-4e63-9431-5ac34c41f0a8
  4. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  5. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  6. How do I find my product/license key for my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I find my product/license key for my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021?: I purchased Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 online in December 2021 and installed it on a local computer. This was a third-party purchase and not directly from Microsoft. I cannot for the life of me find my license and/or product key to re-install these products on a...
  7. How do I find my product/license key for my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my product/license key for my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021?: I purchased Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021 online in December 2021 and installed it on a local computer. This was a third-party purchase and not directly from Microsoft. I cannot for the life of me find my license and/or product key to re-install these products on a...
  8. How do I find my product/license key for my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2021?

9. What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?: Hi,I am working with an organisation where we have Windows Servers and Clients. We do have all the licenses, but I want to know more about the way it works. I want to know in brief about the Windows licensing and What type of licenses do Microsoft provide to the...
  10. What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?

What type of Windows and Office licenses Microsoft provide?: Hi,I am working with an organisation where we have Windows Servers and Clients. We do have all the licenses, but I want to know more about the way it works. I want to know in brief about the Windows licensing and What type of licenses do Microsoft provide to the...