Windows 10: Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type

Discus and support Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and have Office365. I have a file type called .data that has no default to open it. I want the default to be Excel. But when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheTerroriste, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type

I'm running Windows 10 and have Office365. I have a file type called .data that has no default to open it. I want the default to be Excel. But when I try to set it either by right clicking and doing Open With or by going into the Control Panel, Excel is not an option. The only thing it will do is send me to the Microsoft store to BUY Excel and I'm already paying for it.

:)

TheTerroriste, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2019
  3. CherylA Win User
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10  

Not to pester you, but it is inconvenient to "open with" every single time, and I remain quite perplexed why every other possible file extension appears to be listed in "Settings/System/Default apps/CHOOSE DEFAULT APPS BY FILE TYPE" but not .zip. It has always been possible prior to Windows 10 to associate ANY file extension with a default program. I'm not sure what you mean by ".zip is not listed by default." How else would one permanently associate a program with a file extension? The link I gave you, provided again below, as well as others I could find - indicates that that other people have .zip listed in their file type listings. Have you checked your listings available at location I've specified above? I have ... .yps, .z, .z96... and no .zip. Do you not see a .zip extension either but see essentially all others? Link: unable to Extract Zip files in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.

CherylA, Aug 7, 2019
  4. JanWilcox Win User

Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type

How do I DISassociate a file type in Windows 10?

I inadvertently associated a .lst file to open using my Adobe reader. I have followed all the steps you suggested and deleted everything listed. It still shows that Adobe is the default app to use with the file. Any other suggestions?

JanWilcox, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type

1. Windows 10, Office365 Default File Type - Similar Threads - Office365 Default File

2. default file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  3. default file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default file type: By mistake I set a program as the default program for two file types. I do not wish to have that program set as the default. Also I do not need or want to any program as the default for these file types. How do I REMOVE a default program from a file type without setting...
  4. default file type

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing the default application for a file type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing the default application for a file type in Windows 10: I forgot to uncheck 'Always use this app to open .dbf files' and now my .dbf files are associated with Notepad. This is useless, obviously. I would like to just remove the .dbf's associated application instead of change it. It is so easy to accidentally set a default...
  6. Default apps by file type

Default apps by file type: In the default apps by file type, My dad accidentally click the internet explorer as a default app "opener" for a PPT File. And I wanted to restore it back to the default setting but there has no setting for it, and the only solution for that is to find another app in the...
  7. Default file type association

Default file type association: Hi! On Win 10 I want to change default file extension association to an exe file, but the system doesn't allow it. It happens with other extensions and programs too, but now specifically I wanted to associate the standalone version of flash player to .swf extension. It...
  8. Default app for file type

Default app for file type: every time I want to make illustrator the default app for the .ai files, it doesn't do anything, is there something I'm doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-for-file-type/7657bc77-b72c-4789-872e-de300c6783ef
  9. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  10. Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Apps for File Type Associations in Windows 10 A default app is the program that Windows uses automatically when you open a particular file type or protocol. Default app associations...