Windows 10: Windows 10 Offline Files GPO

Discus and support Windows 10 Offline Files GPO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a bit of advice. My organisation have utilised offline files for as long as i can remember and has always been configured using GPO Offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrABC123, May 10, 2017.

1. MrABC123 Win User

Windows 10 Offline Files GPO

After a bit of advice.

My organisation have utilised offline files for as long as i can remember and has always been configured using GPO Offline files area with great success and no issues. Since testing some Windows 10 Laptops with these GPO settings it appears to not apply to Windows 10 Devices. I am after some advice from anyone who has already gone down this route and come to a solution.

Cheers

:)

MrABC123, May 10, 2017

2. How can Offline Files be configured for Windows 10 via Group Policy?

I have problems when trying to get Offline Files working on Windows 10 (1511 10586.0 and 10586.104) when configuring it via Group Policy.

Manually configuring Offline Files works so that proves that the share is configured correctly and it can work.

I have 2x GPOs - one computer and one user. They're pretty simple - just enabling it, setting the administratively assigned location, and setting it to sync on logon/logoff/suspend. Checking gpresult and RSOP both show that the GPOs are being applied.

If I go to Sync Center and click 'Manage Offline Files' it shows that it is enabled. In 'Set up new sync partnership' it has 'Offline Files' and clicking it tells me to go to Explorer and right click the folder and choose' Always available offline'. In 'View
    sync partnerships' nothing is listed despite the GPO having a folder set in 'Specify administratively assigned Offline Files'.

If I right click a folder and add it to the sync partnership I can sync it. But the GPO settings to automatically sync during logon/logoff/suspend aren't done. In Sync Centre there are options to setup a schedule - for a specific time and also for events.
    But these events differ from what is available in the GPO. The GPO has options for logon/logoff/suspend but the manually setup schedule has options for logon/idle timeout/lock/unlock.

It looks like Windows 10 Offline Files differs from what can be configured via Group Policy. Configuring it manually is a silly thing to do when hundreds of users are requiring this - that defeats the purpose of Group Policy.

How can Offline Files be configured for Windows 10 via Group Policy?

Original title: Windows 10 Offline Files via Group Policy

Steve Maunsell, May 10, 2017
  3. Change Offline Files in Windows 10 to "Disable offline files"

I want to change the "Offline Files" in Windows 10 to "Disable offline files". All I have seen so far is how to disable or enable Offline Files. I can do those functions thru a GPO, etc.. but what I want to do is

1. turn on the usability of Offline Files for the users

2. Change the default so that Offline Files is turned off, unless the user turns it on

Citizen316, May 10, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Offline Files GPO

indianacarnie, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Offline Files GPO

1. Windows 10 Offline Files GPO - Similar Threads - Offline Files GPO

2. Windows 10 and offline files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and offline files: I have 2 laptops that have been using offline file for over a year now. Suddenly they cannot sign onto the laptops unless they are connected to the network. The idea of offline files is they can use their laptop while out of the office and come back and sync. Once it gets...
  3. Windows 10 - Offline Files help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Offline Files help: Hi, I want to set \\fs\user$\desktop to available offline so users can see their desktop offline. I would like to use always offline mode. The issue I run into is that if desktop goes to offline then it also takes \\fs\user$ offline. Is there a way to have the subfolder...
  4. windows 10 offline files issue

windows 10 offline files issue: Hello, I have a couple of laptops that are exhibiting strange behaviors with offline folders. One is 1903, the other is 1909. When making the network home directory to be available offline, the laptop doesn't sync the entire folder. also, some folders/files in the home...
  5. Windows 10 not indexing offline files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not indexing offline files: Had to replace previous W10 laptop. Set up mapped drives, got the files offline, but indexing does not show the drives in order to create a local index. Of course I searched and lots of other people with the same problem and no solution up through 2018...
  6. Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file): Hello, I was wondering if anyone run to this issue. We are having problems with installing drivers for Fujitsu scanners in our Windows 10 Enterprise environment. Looks like this might be related to our GPO policy but we can't pin point it. Here is the issue: Just...
  7. Offline Files

Offline Files: I have a field based work group that all have to access a shared pool of data (several thousand files/folders) for some proprietary diagnostic equipment. The data is stored on a network drive and, prior to migrating to Windows 10 from Windows 7, we used the "Always Available...
  8. Offline Files issue Windows 10

Offline Files issue Windows 10: Good day, We have come across a issue with offline files and is hoping some has experienced the same issue that has a solution. Everything was working fine until the user ran a ms update last week. Offline files is setup correctly and is syncing fine but when the user goes...
  9. Offline Files

Offline Files: Hello, I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have an offline file (application executable) make a network connection to an MS SQL Server? The scenario is this: A networked application server folder has been configured to be available offline so my understanding is...
  10. Offline Files GPO not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Offline Files GPO not working: Hey everyone, Our organization has decided to start rolling out Windows 10, so we have been working on creating some policies to manage the rollout. I've signed up on TenForums because I have had numerous issues with imaging/deploying/managing Windows 10, and this looks...