Windows 10: Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,on my laptop, I have some folders from a network drive marked as offline files so I can have access when I am not at the office.When I start "sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim_Uppsala, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

Hi,on my laptop, I have some folders from a network drive marked as offline files so I can have access when I am not at the office.When I start "sync all" the CPU goes up to 25% 4 core, this sounds like one core maxed out for more than an hour in today's example: 13:20 to 14:24. The process taking 25% CPU is "Service host: Offline files".Shortly thereafter the process starts again, even though sync status is "Last sync on yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm", e.g. 2 hours ago. The trigger for restarting might be when I change my network status Wifi to wired network, but I'm not sure. Restarting the

:)

Tim_Uppsala, Aug 23, 2022

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 23, 2022
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

Windows 10 High CPU usage Fix

Hi i'm writing here to post an answer to the Windows 10 High CPU issue that i found and also ask the Microsoft Team why does this occur so i can understand it.

So to the answer; my CPU usage all of the sudden became high over the last few weeks, i'd tried to trouble shoot as others and Microsoft had suggested, though nothing worked. Microsoft has suggested to create a new account and transfer files which also proved
    fruitless after transferring files as explorer.exe again consumed high CPU usage. It was just luck that i stumbled across the solution in one of these threads that linked to an answer from 2011.

Firstly i just want to state that i did download process explorer and it had revealed it was explorer.exe causing high CPU usage and not a .dll file.

The solution:

Broken icons on desktop. That's it. After reading The Solution i found i had 3 desktop files with no
    icons at all. I deleted these three files (two shortcuts, one PDF) and instantly the CPU usage by explorer.exe dropped from a constant 38-40% down to 0.2%

I was wondering if someone or Microsoft might be able to clarify what causes this to actually happen?

Thank you

jeremymeehan, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

1. Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage - Similar Threads - Offline files high

2. Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage: Hi,on my laptop, I have some folders from a network drive marked as offline files so I can have access when I am not at the office.When I start "sync all" the CPU goes up to 25% 4 core, this sounds like one core maxed out for more than an hour in today's example: 13:20 to...
  3. Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Offline files high CPU usage: Hi,on my laptop, I have some folders from a network drive marked as offline files so I can have access when I am not at the office.When I start "sync all" the CPU goes up to 25% 4 core, this sounds like one core maxed out for more than an hour in today's example: 13:20 to...
  4. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 high CPU usage

Windows 10 high CPU usage: Guys can you all help me with this problem this is so annoyingMy pc was just running normally like everyday but from last night,it became lag and when i check,i see the CPU in task manager is always in 80-100% and its so lag not gonna lie.I tried s o many solutions from...
  6. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  7. High CPU usage in windows 10

High CPU usage in windows 10: Hi, we face an issue in windows 10, the CPU usage is very high. we try DISM command, Registry Editor, Disable superfetch, update drivers and disable windows search services but the issue still happen. what have you done so far to resolve the issue?...
  8. High CPU usage in Windows 10.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.: Hi All, From last few days I am facing Hight CPU usage, Windows explorer is taking more than 45% of CPU. and Nahimic taking 30%. PC Details : Asus ROG GL405GM Intel i7 8750 NVidia GForece 1060 GPU. Please help, how to resolve this issue. ***Modified title from:...
  9. Windows 10 high CPU Usage

Windows 10 high CPU Usage: I custom built my PC back in 2010 and it ran perfectly fine on Windows 7. Then ever since I installed windows 10, my CPU usage has been maxing out at 100% frequently. The simplest operation (opening Microsoft edge or even opening task manager) will cause max CPU usage. My CPU...
  10. Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HIGH CPU Usage: I have done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and after my computer is on for about an hour or so a process in the task manager called "system and compressed memory" takes about 25-30% of my cpu cycles for no reason.It doesn't use much ram at all.Just cpu cycles.That...