Windows 10: Windows 10 old folder gone

Discus and support Windows 10 old folder gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My windows got updated about 2 years ago, and I noticed a year ago from now that the windows old folder was missing. I understand that it got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Schijnen, May 25, 2019.

1. Schijnen Win User

Windows 10 old folder gone

Hello,

My windows got updated about 2 years ago, and I noticed a year ago from now that the windows old folder was missing. I understand that it got deleted after 30 days, but is there anyway to get this sorted out?

I tried recovering it back then, I remember with tutorials and I remember once that it brought me back to the login screen with the exact same email that I had for that windows and the background so it was that windows and I saw it for a second that page and then it crashed or something.. so I am really curious if I can restore my windows to its old version as its kinda extremely important as I need the files in there... any help would be great.

Me seeying that login screen back then makes me believe that its still there somewhere right?

:)

Schijnen, May 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 old folder gone

Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 old folder gone

1. Windows 10 old folder gone - Similar Threads - old folder gone

2. Folders are gone now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are gone now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Windows old folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows old folder: I have updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 online. There is a folder contained named "Windows.old" which is occupied more than 14 GB of data. May I delete the folder? Please advise me....
  4. Windows old folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows old folder: I have updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 online. There is a folder contained named "Windows.old" which is occupied more than 14 GB of data. May I delete the folder? Please advise me....
  5. User folder gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder gone?: Well i have an issue. I was trying to unhide the appdata folder in my C drive and i went into the properties. I remember seeing something about unhiding folders so i checked it, then hit apply and ok. when it was done my user was gone... When i log in I still see my username...
  6. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  7. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  8. Windows 10 Old Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Old Folder: What must I do to change admin or other to be able to delete this folder? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-old-folder/f4506226-42c7-4a84-985f-1191d0e5bb47"
  9. Business Folder GONE!!! ****

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Business Folder GONE!!! ****: So, on Tues 6/4/19 was working in my Business Folder (Documents) that contains 90% of my businesses data. On Wed 6/5/19 all of a sudden that Folder and ALL its contents were GONE. I searched searched searched....... NOTHING I've downloaded tons of software to try and...
  10. Windows 10, Folders and files gone by itself?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, Folders and files gone by itself?: Hello, i don't know how to happened. I noticed my menu bar icons started showing a different icon (the default windows program icon) for some reason and Internet sites html started messing up too, so i decided to reboot my computer. Now my background is gone, it's just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.old lifehacker