Windows 10: Windows 10 old question

Discus and support Windows 10 old question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't boot into windows. Won't let me install new version but I really need old files. If I reformat a partion will there be a windows.old available?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by curtiss4, Mar 15, 2021.

1. curtiss4 Win User

Windows 10 old question

Can't boot into windows. Won't let me install new version but I really need old files. If I reformat a partion will there be a windows.old available?

:)

curtiss4, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 old question

Delta6326, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 old question

1. Windows 10 old question - Similar Threads - old question

2. Question about Windows 10 Product Key on old PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows 10 Product Key on old PC: I just recently built a new computer and used my Windows 10 Product Key from my previous computer when installing Windows 10 on to my new PC. I've already did a factory reset on my previous PC and I plan to sell it. So what happens with my old PC when it's booted up? Will it...
  3. Question about transferring Education product key from an old laptop to my current laptop...

Question about transferring Education product key from an old laptop to my current laptop...: Throughout college I used Windows 10 Education. When I graduated I was given a new laptop as a gift, with Windows 10 Home installed. I’d like to transfer the product key from my old laptop to my current laptop so I can utilize some Education features, but have hesitated for...
  4. Installing Win10 on new SSD (replacing old HD) - question about making USB flashdrive and...

Installing Win10 on new SSD (replacing old HD) - question about making USB flashdrive and...: I'll be installing windows 10 on a harddrive (1TB SSD) I'm replacing my old one (1TB 7200rpm) with, on my HP Pavilion laptop (~4 years old). I'd like to have least amount of annoying extra bloatware/adware/extra background processes etc., so the new windows is as clean as...
  5. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop)

Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade question (old Razer Blade 2013 laptop): Hey guys, I recently pulled out my old Razer blade 2013 (RZ09-0102) to do some gaming while I wait to build a new pc. I immediately updated all the relevant drivers as well as windows 8.1, and was pleasantly surprised to find she ran perfectly smooth. Today, I decided I’d...
  6. My 74 year old dad is in another state and he has forgotten his password/security question....

My 74 year old dad is in another state and he has forgotten his password/security question....: He isn't technical savvy at all. I tried to have him put in different variations of his password. Different capitalizations, etc. It's the only sign in name on the laptop. I tried to make sure he wasn't accidentally depressing a key somewhere or leaving caps lock on. (I think...
  7. same old question network access permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    same old question network access permission denied: I have two pc on my small network. All log in with the same pin. Both on windows 10 pro. Pc one can see the shared files. pc two can not access files about permission. Have done all i found on internet solutions. No solution for me. Need access and do not want reinstall...
  8. Still no answers on age-old question about PressReader app circumventing Windows sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still no answers on age-old question about PressReader app circumventing Windows sleep: Windows sleep works just fine and as expected --- except for a Windows Store app called PressReader. Until I encountered this problem, I thought Store apps were supposed to be isolated from reaching outside their authorized access. But PressReader somehow has the ability to...
  9. Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.

Planning to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, a couple questions since its an old laptop.: So my laptop is 7 years old and i wanna upgrade it to windows 10. I looked at the system requirements and it looks like my computer can more than handle it. Have there been any cases of computers meeting the requirements but not being compatible with windows 10? submitted by...
  10. Some questions about moving my Windows installation from an old HD to a new HD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about moving my Windows installation from an old HD to a new HD: My 5 or 6 year old HP desktop is experiencing some severe hardware issues with the hard drive. I've decided that it might be best to keep the basic machine, but replace the old platter hard drive with a SSD drive. I've currently got Windows 10 Professional, which I upgraded...