Windows 10: Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D."

Discus and support Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Earlier this year, I was asked by my system to discontinue backing up Image files on Drive "D" and to use an external drive for backups, to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdMeza, Nov 17, 2019.

1. EdMeza Win User

Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D."

Hello,

Earlier this year, I was asked by my system to discontinue backing up
    Image files on Drive "D" and to use an external drive for backups, to
    which I complied by backing up files to an external disk "F."

My questions are as follows:
    1) Since I am basically no longer using the internal partition of Drive "D" for any kind of backups,
    can I safely delete the old files located in (DWindows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D." :)\WindowsImageBackup\Windows\WinSxS\adm64
    and other files which are dated: 1/9/2016?
    2) I am not sure, but it looks to me that I switched from Win 7 to Win 10 after the above date.
    3) There are 7.30 GB of space in WinSxS alone. And 35.0 GB of used space in drive D.
    4) Am I safe to remove such files, since backups and system images are now being backed up to
    the external drive "F"?
    5) Is Partition disk drive "D" now worthless? Can I delete Drive D's contents safely?

Would appreciate a response?

Ed

:)

EdMeza, Nov 17, 2019

2. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D." :p

de.das.dude, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D."

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D."

1. Windows 10 Older Image Backups on Drive "D." - Similar Threads - Older Image Backups

2. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  3. Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a system image backup from The C drive to the internal D drive: Hi there,I want to do a clean windows 11 installation and i want to backup my Apps,games,files,documents and etc. Except for the drivers which they're causing problem's.I have 2 SSD drives, 1- C/Drive for system and windows and 2- The D/Drive for anything else...Can i create...
  4. File history, browse older files form an older backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history, browse older files form an older backup drive: Hello! I've been using file history for years, and there was a moment that the external drive was full, by that time file historysuggested to add a new drive, which I did, since I wanted to keep those old files. Since then I am using this new drive. Now I'm searching for a...
  5. System Image Backup Drives

System Image Backup Drives: I purchased a Toshiba 2TB external hard drive-I made a system image from that. I decided something did not feel right about the drive, the drive was an awkward looking size. I deleted the system image and returned it. I had almost 6 hours of back up on this drive and it...
  6. Backup and restore sees d drive as system drive and wants to image it

Backup and restore sees d drive as system drive and wants to image it: Backup and Restore Windows 7 see my D Drive as a system drive and insists on imaging it. I have some Windows Apps on D that I don't want to put on C for space reasons. The new Flight Simulator is very large and I don't want it on C. Thanks Pat...
  7. Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working: Hi everyone: I'm trying to set up a File History backup from a Windows 10 desktop to an external 4TB hard drive. I have a large internal 1TB drive D: that I've redirected all my user folders to (documents, desktop, pictures, music, etc.) so for convenience I want to just...
  8. Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working: Hi everyone: I'm trying to set up a File History backup from a Windows 10 desktop to an external 4TB hard drive. I have a large internal 1TB drive D: that I've redirected all my user folders to (documents, desktop, pictures, music, etc.) so for convenience I want to just...
  9. Windows 10 Image backup

Windows 10 Image backup: Since I upgraded to SSD system drive I get an error 0x8078004F when attempting an image backup. Thought this was because I had EFI partitions on two drives. Deleted one and kept the one on the system drive but still no good. I would appreciate some ideas Lee Brooker...
  10. image backup windows 10

image backup windows 10: recommendations for windows 10 image backup ? many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/image-backup-windows-10/4777c933-ca9d-463a-aa5e-5bdd2d8f1858