Windows 10: Windows 10 older version

Discus and support Windows 10 older version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrasRakshe, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Windows 10 older version

Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to 1709 or 1809 version. Where can I download this versions officially?

:)

PrasRakshe, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Windows 10 older version

Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 older version

1. Windows 10 older version - Similar Threads - older version

2. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  3. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  4. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software: Good day Microsoft team,Is it possible to get a previous version of windows 10 pro - specifically version 1803.It is required to run some third party software Rockwell SCADA.Thank you in advance!...
  5. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software: Good day Microsoft team,Is it possible to get a previous version of windows 10 pro - specifically version 1803.It is required to run some third party software Rockwell SCADA.Thank you in advance!...
  6. Older version of windows 10 in order to interface with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 version 23H2 is going to be installed automatically on older systems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 version 23H2 is going to be installed automatically on older systems: Windows 11 device owners who still run an older version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system need to be aware that their systems may be upgraded automatically to Windows 11 version 23H2. This is not the first time that upgrades are enforced, and it won't be the last by...
  8. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  9. Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11

Will an older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11: Will older version of Hoyle card games work on Windows 11 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-an-older-version-of-hoyle-card-games-work-on/8deddef3-434f-4dc5-a7bb-f82b935ede0f
  10. Error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. How do I install older version of software on Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. How do I install older version of software on Win 11?: Trying to install two older versions of programs on laptop with Win 11 and get error 1935, Hresult 0x80070091. One code starts 97F81AF1-OE47-DC99 and the other 837BF-1EB-D770-94EB. I do not want to be forced to by new versions of the software, as I am happy with the older...