Windows 10: Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

Discus and support Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my 4k tv as a computer monitor but now everything is way too small. How do I enlarge the icons and text?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MitchSaliba, May 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

I use my 4k tv as a computer monitor but now everything is way too small. How do I enlarge the icons and text?

:)

MitchSaliba, May 12, 2021
  2. pmwfre Win User

displaylink (dynadock 4k) not working with windows 10 laptop

I have a Toshiba dynadock 4k with an external monitor but I cannot see this monitor listed in my Windows 10 laptop display settings and cannot make my display appear on second monitor.

DisplayLink website suggests this may be a Windows 10 issue.

How do I get this working?

pmwfre, May 12, 2021
  3. 4K and 1080p monitors

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the different resolutions of computer screens. I have laptop with a 4K display and I have a 1080p monitor. Most applications that I use tend to scale correctly when I drag them across displays. However some applications like IDLE
    or Corsair UE don't tend to change their resolutions. They tend to stay the same when dragged to another display, so if it started on the 1080p screen it would go to really small and stay small on the 4k display and if I drag it from the 4k to the 1080p display
    the application is massive and can't be viewed. Is there any possible shortcut which can be used to "refresh" the application without quitting and re-opening?

Thanks in advance,

Blatherwick, May 12, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

1. Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small - Similar Threads - monitor displays too

2. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  3. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  4. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reset display and setting 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset display and setting 4k monitor: I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I reopened it, I couldn't connect my screen anymore it is working with another laptop than the monitor is working. In the...
  6. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  7. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  8. Edge Display too small

Edge Display too small: When MS Edge is opened, it is about 25% of the screen. How do I make it bigger whenever it is loaded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-display-too-small/d15bfbea-5944-4302-bc82-87f332c0119b
  9. Display either too blurry or too small

Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  10. Logitech Gaming Software UI too small in 4K

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Gaming Software UI too small in 4K: I am running Windows 10 in 4K resolution and I have made adjustments within windows *compensate for the high-resolution yet the LGS software still remains so small that it is extremely difficult to read the text within the UI. Any advice would be appreciated. [img] 69014