Windows 10: Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled)

Discus and support Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please bear with me here, this is going to be a long one. It begins about 4 days ago. Windows 10 updates, causing a HUGE amount of lag. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by white wolverine, May 16, 2017.

1. Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled)

Please bear with me here, this is going to be a long one.

It begins about 4 days ago. Windows 10 updates, causing a HUGE amount of lag. I get worried, as my laptop is fairly powerful and it usually doesn't slow down. So I scan my pc using Malwarebytes, and get something like 67 threats. Even more suspicious, because I had Qihoo 360 AND adaware, in which in Qihoo I had all av engines enabled. I quarantine, delete all quarantined files and scan again using Hitman Pro (v3.7 I think) and AdwCleaner. After i restart the pc, suddenly in the login screen, my account is gone, and instead an other user and password tab appears. Here is my first query. This is not the first time i used the trio(MalwareBytes, Hitman and adwcleaner). I have used it before on mutiple occasions, and I remember the first time I did it, I somehow lost the pin on the login screen. I thankfully had a password too, and i signed it using that from then on. The second time I did it, I lost that too, and now I had to sign in using the microsoft account password that i had set online. So my query is, what am i doing wrong? is the trio messing something up? Or is it a virus?
    I checked online for solutions and found users facing similar problems due to the recent Windows Updates.

So anyway now i cant do anything other than see the other user and password tab as it just doesn't accept anything i type in it. i cant safe boot cos there was no option of restart (or shutdown, there was nothing at all) on the power button. After a lot of problems, I was finally able to access advanced boot options. And I tried EVERY one of them, but none of them worked (even system restore failed). All of them showed an error but with no particular reason of not having worked. Being left with no other options, I reinstalled Windows ( I also installed Ubuntu in the meantime). Two points to note here. The first one being that grub never recognized Windows when i searched for it in the terminal. It showed Windows as FreeDos in the /dev/sdxx partition. The second point was that I installed the latest version of Windows that was available, so it came with all the updates that killed the last os. And this one was not clean either. The brightness keys were not working, so i had a lot of trouble with it. And secondly when i tried to install the drivers, some of the drivers(graphics being one) did not install at all, again with no reasons or with reasons i could not comprehend. I once again searched online for solutions and one of them said to roll back the monitor PnP driver. I did it. I restarted. BAM. BSOD loop. Well, alternately, cos once it would open startup repair, and once again none of the solutions worked. I used command prompt to check the disks, and it did resolve some errors, but not all, apparently. No good.

Now I have a lot of questions and I would like someone to help me with them.
    Q1. Can someone give me ANY solution?
    Q2. Apart from BSOD and startup repair, 80% of the times, Windows does not boot at all. When I try to boot , suddenly the purple screen of grub appears with some cuts ( like a partially loaded screen), and it just stays there. Explanation and solution please?
    Q3. What is the reason all of this is happening? Is it a virus or is it Windows updates?

:)

white wolverine, May 16, 2017

2. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

I have lenovo Z51-70. On 3rd - Oct -2016 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3194496) was installed successfully. Since then i have been facing BSOD. Total 2 BSOD i have seen.

1) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ndis.sys

2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop, Microsoft promises fix [Updated] - ExtremeTech

Please refer this article they say that it's windows update problem ?

GauravYadav007, May 16, 2017
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, May 16, 2017
  4. lmaneke Win User

Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled)

Sounds to me you could have a failing hard drive/SSD, and you're Windows installation/Linux could be easily getting corrupted.

Is the laptop still under warranty? If so, you may want to call tech support and send it in.

lmaneke, May 16, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled)

1. Windows 10 on a BSOD loop (totalled) - Similar Threads - BSOD loop totalled

2. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD loop: Hi there! before you answer my question, please read this.I use an HP 245 G5 laptop, the specs for that laptop are;- AMD A6 7310- 500GB Seagate HDD- 4 GB RAM DDR3 - AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.Almost forgot, I can't tell you the stop code, it was off screen and I don't know how to...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD loop: Hi there! before you answer my question, please read this.I use an HP 245 G5 laptop, the specs for that laptop are;- AMD A6 7310- 500GB Seagate HDD- 4 GB RAM DDR3 - AMD Radeon R4 Graphics.Almost forgot, I can't tell you the stop code, it was off screen and I don't know how to...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 infinite BSOD LOOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 infinite BSOD LOOP: My hp computer is stuck on infinite BSOD loop , I tried automatic repair but after automatic repair bsod screen appeared again and pc just infinitely restart in normal startup Please help me currently I don't have any available computer to create bootable Pendrive...
  6. Windows 10 infinite BSOD LOOP

Windows 10 infinite BSOD LOOP: My hp computer is stuck on infinite BSOD loop , I tried automatic repair but after automatic repair bsod screen appeared again and pc just infinitely restart in normal startup Please help me currently I don't have any available computer to create bootable Pendrive...
  7. Windows 10 bsod loop

Windows 10 bsod loop: I’ve tried everything and nothing works. The only other thing I can do is reinstall windows and I don’t want to lose my data. Is there a better way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod-loop/df138488-568d-4367-96d5-f04791d0534b
  8. Windows 10 BSOD Loop

Windows 10 BSOD Loop: I've been in this loop since September and absolutely cannot find a way out of this loop. I've tried many youtube videos along with "solutions that should definitely work". If they worked I wouldn't be writing this. I've tried so many things to try and get out of the loop I...
  9. Windows 10 BSOD Loop

Windows 10 BSOD Loop: So, to try and make this short i have been having issues with the known BSOD for about 3 months now... It started out of nowhere which is normal i guess. The first time my computer blue screened it just did a restart and everything looked fine. Not long after while loading...
  10. Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs

Windows 10: loop of multiple BSODs: Hello, first I want to say that my PC cannot boot any more, so I have been unable ro run memtest86 or any other software, cause I cannot access Windows any more. Yesterday while I was working on my computer, it suddenly crashed and I had a blue screen. From there, and...