Windows 10: Windows 10 on a new PC has no wifi option, no wireless adapter in device manager.

Discus and support Windows 10 on a new PC has no wifi option, no wireless adapter in device manager. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried all the usual fix suggested in the 6000 times this problem has been presented. This problem needs to be fixed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Puggly, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Puggly Win User

Windows 10 on a new PC has no wifi option, no wireless adapter in device manager.

I have tried all the usual fix suggested in the 6000 times this problem has been presented. This problem needs to be fixed.

:)

Puggly, Jul 16, 2019
  2. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 on a new PC has no wifi option, no wireless adapter in device manager.

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on a new PC has no wifi option, no wireless adapter in device manager. - Similar Threads - has wifi option

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Adapter QUALCOMM ATHEROS Missing in device manager and no wifi available

Wireless Adapter QUALCOMM ATHEROS Missing in device manager and no wifi available: Hi, I'm using an ASUS Vivobook 15 K542UF laptop , i've been experiencing problems with the wireless adapter. the wireless network doesnt show even though all mobile devices and other laptops can be connected. The wireless adapter under Qualcomm is not available in the...
  6. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  7. Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager: This is for a Lenovo M90z. Intel Centrino 1000 adapter. All of sudden I lost my internet connection. Initially it stopped working and did appear in Device Manager with an explanation point. In the properties I was getting a "This device can not start "Code 10" message....
  8. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1
  9. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter. There were 2 drivers for...
  10. WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi

WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi: Hello, Thank you in advancefor any help. I am senior who helps other seniors in this small townkeep their pc ‘s operating as best I can. I have an HP laptopthat was reworked by a shop sometime ago. I updated this pc to WinAnniveresary Issue and then this past Spring to...