Windows 10: Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC

Discus and support Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone installed windows 10 onto a MAC's portable drive ? I want to boot windows 10 from the portable drive, have the ability to go back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kmorrell, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Kmorrell Win User

Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC

Has anyone installed windows 10 onto a MAC's portable drive ?

I want to boot windows 10 from the portable drive, have the ability to go back and forth for the Mac and Windows operating system

I am aware of bootcamp, but this is not what I am looking for

thank you

:)

Kmorrell, Jan 27, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Verbatim Unveils New Portable Hard Drives for Mac Users

For the first time Verbatim is launching an external hard drive which has been specifically created for the Mac community: the Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Mac Portable Hard Drive. The sleek, minimalistic design in a black or white glossy finish will fit with any MacBook. It comes with a combination of FW800 and USB 3.0 SuperSpeed and HFS+ formatted, while a second version offers USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface and FAT32 for PC users as well. Both models are available in stores with storage capacities of 500GB. The 1 TB version will be available in Q1 2011.

Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC 11a_thm.jpg

Mac HDD in studio
    • Sleek, minimalistic design in black or white;
    • 500GB and 1TB capacity;
    • 1 x FireWire 800 Port and 1 x USB 3.0 Mini-B port combo unit, formatted HFS+, fully compatible with Apple Time Machine Backup Software;
    • 1 x USB 3.0 Mini-B port interface, formatted FAT32, can be used on both Mac OS and Windows OS;
    • GREEN BUTTON software to reduce energy consumption.
    Both Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Mac Portable Hard Drive versions offer storage capacities of 500GB (available now) and up to 1TB (available in Q1 2011). The USB 3.0 SuperSpeed delivers data transfer rates up to ten times faster than USB 2.0 (based on USB bus speeds). The pure Mac Version offers one FireWire 800 Port and one USB 3.0 Mini-B port. This combo unit is HFS+ formatted and fully compatible with Apple Time Machine Backup Software.

Aesthetically pleasing too
    “This product complements all aspects of a cool lifestyle. It has been designed especially for Mac users and with its stylish look really fits in with the elegance of Mac computers, making it the perfect choice for those who prize both form and functionality,” says Kai Miroschnik Business Development Manager HDD at Verbatim EUMEA.

Software for Energy Saving
    Included on both Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go Mac Portable Hard Drives is the GREEN BUTTON software which reduces energy consumption and extends the drive’s life expectancy by automatically placing the Verbatim Store `n` Go into sleep mode after a programmed period of time or by the user manually clicking on the GREEN BUTTON on the desktop.
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD USB 3.0 500GB Black
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD USB 3.0 500GB White
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD FW800 / USB 3.0 500GB Black
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD FW800 / USB 3.0 500GB White
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD USB 3.0 1TB Black
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD USB 3.0 1TB White
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD FW800 / USB 3.0 1TB Black
    • Verbatim Store 'n' Go Mac portable HDD FW800 / USB 3.0 1TB White

btarunr, Jan 27, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Iomega Introduces eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive

Iomega, an EMC company and a global leader in data protection, today announced the completion of its new Mac-oriented hard drive line with the launch of the new Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive, an on-the-go stylish drive with plenty of storage that can withstand drops and still travel easily in a pocketbook or briefcase.

Combined with the recent launches of the Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive and the Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive, Iomega now has a complete new line of portable and desktop hard drives for Mac users. All three new drives are formatted HFS+ for compatibility with Mac computers right out of the box, making them perfect complements to today's Apple notebooks and desktops.

Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC 91a_thm.jpg

"Iomega's new line of hard drives for the Mac gives enthusiasts everything they need in versatile, high performance storage," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. "The new rugged Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive and the compact Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive are ideal for mobile users, creative professionals and digital enthusiasts who demand a stylish and sure way to store, share and backup all of the files on their Mac computers. On the desktop, the stylish Mac Companion Hard Drive delivers plenty of storage and interface options as well as a first-of-its-kind quick charge for an iPad. All three of these new Iomega hard drives are compatible with Mac Lion OS and Time Machine, giving Mac users the form and function they want as well as the peace of mind that their data is safe and can be automatically backed up."

Two Well-Rounded Portable Hard Drives for Mac Users
    Available in 500GB* and 1TB** capacities, the new black Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive has two FireWire 800 ports and one USB 2.0 port for fast performance and versatile connections. The eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive includes a Drop Guard™ Case to help protect the drive from drops of up to seven feet. The eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply, and comes complete with three cables: one USB 2.0 cable, one FireWire 800 cable, and one FireWire 800-FireWire 400 adaptor cable.

Available in 500GB and 1TB capacities, the new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive has one USB 2.0 port and a durable aluminum case, giving mobile users and others peace-of-mind when traveling with their Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive. The Helium Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply, and comes complete with one USB 2.0 cable.

One Powerful Desktop Hard Drive
    Available in 2TB and 3TB capacities, the new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive utilizes a fast 7200 RPM 3.5-inch hard drive in a space-saving design that fits perfectly on the base of the Apple iMac or an Apple monitor. Adding peripheral devices to your Apple computer is no problem with the Mac Companion Hard Drive. The stylish silver and black drive includes two FireWire 800 ports, one USB 2.0 port and a two port integrated USB 2.0 hub that lets you connect multiple devices such as a printer or other external storage device. The Mac Companion Hard Drive doesn't require the user to buy extra cables the drive comes complete with one FireWire 800, one conversion FireWire 400-800, and one USB 2.0 cable

Of the many features included with the Mac Companion Hard Drive, Mac users may most appreciate the first-of-its-kind high powered USB charging port for their iPad, iPhone or iPod. (Apple portable products sold separately.) The charging port is a high-powered 2.1 Amp hookup that makes it easy and convenient to charge your iPad and other portable Apple devices so they're ready to go when you are. ***

The new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive is the only major branded external HFS+ Mac desktop hard drive on the market today that incorporates a high powered Apple device charging port and a two-port USB 2.0 hub.

Three Drives + Plenty of Software = Total Solutions
    Unlike many competing hard drives, the new eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive, as well as the Helium Portable Hard Drive and the Mac Companion Hard Drive, all boast local and online backup, as well as encryption and anti-virus software:
    • 256-bit AES encryption keeps files on your drive safe from prying eyes.
    • The Iomega Protection Suite, a comprehensive offering of powerful Mac software that includes:
    • Iomega QuikProtect for simple scheduled file-level backup.
    • MozyHome Online Backup for convenient online backup of up to 2GB free.
    • A free 12-month subscription of Trend Micro Smart Surfing for Mac allows users to shop, bank and surf online while staying safe from attacks to your identity and confidential information.
    Availability and Warranty
    The new Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 500GB model and a 1TB model. The new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 500GB model and a 1TB model. The new Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive is available worldwide in a 2TB model and a 3TB model.

The Iomega Mac Companion Hard Drive and the Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive are now available at Apple stores; the Iomega eGo Mac Edition Portable Hard Drive will be available at Apple Stores later this month. All three products are also available or will be available at other select retailers and etailers worldwide.

All three products include a three-year warranty with registration.

btarunr, Jan 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Iomega Announces New Mac Compatible eGo Portable Hard Drives

eGo Portable Hard Drive with Triple InterfaceIomega, an EMC company and a global leader in data protection, today announced the worldwide availability of the new Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive for Mac users, featuring multiple interface connections, a stylish new aluminum design, superior ruggedness and a robust combination of software, all backed with a three-year limited warranty.

Available in three different colors and up to 500GB in capacity, the new Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive for Mac users provides the dependability and versatility to meet today's on-the-go data storage needs.

Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC 117a_thm.jpg

"Featuring both flavors of FireWire and USB 2.0 connectivity, the new Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive is ideal for Mac fans that want to take their files anywhere with the assurance of compatibility no matter which interface is needed," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega and the Consumer and Small Business Products Division of EMC. "Just like the new USB 2.0 eGo models we announced two weeks ago, the new triple interface eGo Drives deliver dependability and style with a compact, sleek new aluminum enclosure in eye-catching colors, as well as a collection of backup software to protect your data."

Scott Zahl, vice president, vendor management for Ingram Micro U.S., one of Iomega's largest IT distribution partners, said, "Iomega's next generation of eGo Portable Hard Drives are well positioned to meet the increasing business and consumer demands for greater mobility, capacity and flexibility when it comes to accessing and storing their data. Iomega's eGo Drive has become a channel favorite among our Apple resellers, especially as demand for portable hard drives continues to build within data-intensive vertical markets such as education, finance, and retail. We're pleased to be working side by side with Iomega to bring this next generation of in-demand portable hard drive technology to market."

Cool Hardware with Superior Functionality

The new Triple Interface eGo Portable Hard Drive features one FireWire 800 port, one FireWire 400 port, and one USB 2.0 port, and comes in variety of colors and capacities: the Apple-esque Alpine White model is available in 250GB; the deep Midnight Blue model is available in 320GB; and the Ruby Red model comes in 500GB. (Color and capacity combinations vary in international markets.) These drives are also formatted HFS+ for a great out-of-the box Mac experience.

Inside an aluminum shell little more than a half-inch thick (16 mm) and weighing less than 7 ounces (200 grams) is a state-of-the-art 2.5-inch portable hard drive. Iomega's Drop Guard™ feature protects data on the new triple interface eGo drive from drops of up to 51 inches, or 40% above the industry average!

All of the new triple interface eGo Portable Hard Drives receive power from a laptop or computer's FireWire or USB 2.0 ports, so there's no power supply to carry around. Each drive includes both FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 cables, as well as a USB 2.0 "Y" cable which gives users the flexibility to use two USB ports to power the drive, if needed. And with up to 500GB of capacity, the new eGo Drive for Mac users can store up to 2,000,000 photos, over 9,250 hours of music, or 750 hours of video.

Plenty of Software Bundled, Too

Bundled free of charge with the new eGo Portable Hard Drives for Mac users are three backup software programs, giving users added protection for their photos, videos, music and other files.

The software bundle with the new triple interface eGo Drives includes:
    • Iomega QuikProtect: backup software for simple scheduled file-level backup of data to hard drives and network-attached storage devices (for Windows and Macintosh desktops and notebooks).
    • EMC Retrospect Express or Express HD: backup all of your data plus applications and settings (for Windows and Macintosh desktops and notebooks).
    • MozyHome Online Backup: Convenient online backup service with 2GB of online capacity for free (unlimited online storage for $4.95/month). MozyHome Online service allows you to restore your most important data from any computer with internet access, at any location in the world.
    All of the software elements are accessible via easy download to new eGo Portable Hard Drive owners.

Compatibility

The new Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive for Mac users is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or above, as well as Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. MozyHome software is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and above, along with Windows XP and Windows Vista. EMC Retrospect software is available for both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.

New eGo Portable Hard Drive Accessories

Available for purchase at www.iomega.com are two new accessories for the new eGo Portable Hard Drive: a durable black carry case that can be used for both the USB and triple interface models; and the Iomega Power Grip Belt for added durability, available in black and translucent colors (for the USB models only).
    Pricing, Availability and Warranty

The triple interface Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive for Mac users is available today. The 250GB Alpine White eGo model is priced at $99.99; the 320GB Midnight Blue model is $109.99; and the 500GB Ruby Red model is $149.99. (All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.) All of the new Triple Interface eGo models include a 3-year limited warranty, and are available from online retailers, distributors including Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), VARs, resellers and select retailers, as well as at www.iomega.com.

Source: Iomega

btarunr, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on a portable drive for a MAC - Similar Threads - portable drive MAC

2. Portable Windows on USB SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Portable Windows on USB SSD Drive: As a concurrent Mac / Win user one of the capabilities that I make use of on Mac is the ability to boot a full working OS from an external USB or Firewire drive. Makes it incredibly easy to do backups and restores and provides a high level of redundancy. Understanding that...
  3. Backup to a portable hard drive using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to a portable hard drive using Windows 10: When I backup my pc Windows 10 to a portable hard drive, do the files I have deleted from my pc since my last backup remain on my portable hard drive? moved from Microsoft 365 and office...
  4. Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portable windows 10 not seeing the internal drive: Hello and thank you for your time. I made a portable windows 10 USB drive but it does not seem to pick up the internal hard drive of the computer. Using Windows PE I can see the internal fine and the internal boots, but won't detect with the full version on the USB. I’ve...
  5. Portable hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable hard drive: Someone previously saved my hard drive contents to a portable external drive. That was a year ago, and I want to update what is saved. I don't know how to do that. Help please?...
  6. portable hard drive to USB

portable hard drive to USB: I have a portable hard drive and I am using a USB sync and charge cable. It lights up and flashes but doesn't show in File Explorer. It shows in Devices and printers but can't access it. Tried each USB port and on 2 laptops. Any advice please...
  7. portable drive

portable drive: portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-drive/50df189a-2a32-4bb0-97e6-421d82f65bfa
  8. Making a bootable drive for windows 10 on Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a bootable drive for windows 10 on Mac: Hi, I'm still having issues with my pc and want to do a clean reinstall of windows 10, all I have access to right now is a Macbook. Is there any way I can do this without using Boot Camp Assistant? (as thats not possible anymore after MacOS mohave) I've followed a few...
  9. windows 10 install on portable hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 install on portable hard drive: Is there a way that I could download a version of windows 10 and install it on my portable hard drive as a trial or test before I buy the OS and find out my PC cannot run it or something weird like that happens? i know that you can put the real version on a portable HDD, but...
  10. Windows 10 Portability

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Portability: Have a Windows 8.1 Pro product key Retail,if I Upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro on the same computer,obviously, that will probably not a problem .*Cool Since windows 10 does NOT utilize product keys any more and using digital entitlements, what if I need to install Windows 10...