Windows 10: Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?

Discus and support Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My dad has a computer that used to have windows 7 but something went wrong and he didn't have an installation disk. He had to just load the PC with XP.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Starya, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Starya Win User

Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP?

My dad has a computer that used to have windows 7 but something went wrong and he didn't have an installation disk. He had to just load the PC with XP. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to get windows 10 on his computer.

:)

Starya, Jul 30, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Can i install Windows 7 on a machine that has already Windows 10 preinstalled.

There may be an issue with Windows 7 drivers on a machine that was designed for Windows 10. You need to check the manufacturers website for Windows 7 drivers for your model.

neilpzz, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Can i install Windows 7 on a machine that has already Windows 10 preinstalled.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you need to install Windows 7 in the new laptop I would suggest you to buy a Windows 7 CD\DVD with a genuine activation key. After that perform a clean installation of Windows 7 and activate the Windows key.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Jul 30, 2015
  4. PRMan Win User

Let's say that it was a Dell with OEM Windows 7. You can download a DVD from their site to reinstall Windows 7.

Drivers Downloads | Dell US

Their DVD won't ask you for a key and will activate with the key built into the BIOS. Once that activates, you can then upgrade that to Windows 10 for free.

HP, Lenovo, Asus, etc. have similar Windows 7 downloads that only work for their OEM products.

PRMan, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 on a Windows 7 machine that has XP? - Similar Threads - machine has

2. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...
  3. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...
  4. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck -Machine always crashes at night why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck -Machine always crashes at night why?: I built a highly spec'd out PC, but the last few months it seems to crash quite often at night. Trying to get to the bottom of this as it is driving me nuts. Here are some dump files from last nights crash I attached a link to download my zipped minidump and memory dump...
  5. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck -Machine always crashes at night why?

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck -Machine always crashes at night why?: I built a highly spec'd out PC, but the last few months it seems to crash quite often at night. Trying to get to the bottom of this as it is driving me nuts. Here are some dump files from last nights crash I attached a link to download my zipped minidump and memory dump...
  6. Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine: Hello, I have Microsoft Outlook desktop running on my Windows 11 machine. The indexing keeps pausing. I have rebuilt the index three 3 times in the last four 4 weeks. The last rebuild was completed on 2/13. On 2/15 the indexing is paused again. I have stopped and started all...
  7. Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine

Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine: Hello, I have Microsoft Outlook desktop running on my Windows 11 machine. The indexing keeps pausing. I have rebuilt the index three 3 times in the last four 4 weeks. The last rebuild was completed on 2/13. On 2/15 the indexing is paused again. I have stopped and started all...
  8. "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.: As the title says, I've just restored my machine after 2 years of use and now windows defender is prompting me with a error message.There is no IT Administrator since its a personal machine, there are no "School", "Work" or any accounts associated with my machine aside from...
  9. "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

"Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.: As the title says, I've just restored my machine after 2 years of use and now windows defender is prompting me with a error message.There is no IT Administrator since its a personal machine, there are no "School", "Work" or any accounts associated with my machine aside from...
  10. Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet

Windows 10 machine spontaneously freezes, no troubleshooting has worked as of yet: Hello, I have been experiencing this rather frustrating issue that has led me to press the force reboot button much too many times for my comfort.GA-270P-D3i7-7700KGTX 1060 6GB16GB at 3200MT/s1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus650W PSUMy machine will randomly cease to work. The issue...