Windows 10 on Android Phones?

Discus and support Windows 10 on Android Phones? in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by rvbfan, Mar 20, 2015.

1. rvbfan Win User

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom
    I think I would like to try this on my Nexus 5. We'll see if anything comes of it.

rvbfan, Mar 20, 2015
  2. Mark Phelps Win User

Most likely, that will turn your Nexus into an "electric brick". ROMs are very make and model specific -- check the Android forums and look in the various "Rooting" sections. There's a lot involved in doing this and even a small mistake trashes your phone.

:)

Mark Phelps, Mar 20, 2015
  3. ShamrozHussain Win User
    windows 10

I wanna know when windows 10 is gonna launch officially for windows phones?

Will we be able to download android apps in windows 10(OS) ?

because without android apps windows phones are nothing, either you allow us to download android apps or make windows store equal to android store.

ShamrozHussain, Mar 20, 2015
  4. MrPreview Win User

How to backup mobile device app before update?

I googled around, and it appears there might even be a way to load an Android .apk onto a Windows 10 Mobile device:

http://mspoweruser.com/how-to-install-android-apps-on-windows-10-mobile/

I sideload Android .apks on my Android devices all the time, and am familiar with the SDK tools there.

Hoping things would be as easy on the Windows 10 Mobile platform...

MrPreview, Mar 20, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    Oh ya. I know all about bricking phones. I bricked a Galaxy Ace an SII before I learned to do my research. I switch back and forth between Lollipop and CM nightlies on my Nexus 5. Besides I didn't say I wanted to be the first.
    [​IMG]

rvbfan, Mar 20, 2015
  6. Mark Phelps Win User
    That's good ... because this is the situation where waiting to see what happens to others can prevent major disasters.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 on Android Phones? - Similar Threads - Android Phones

1. Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?

in Windows 10 News
    Does Win10 have a native tool for sending files to an Android Phone?: Is there a way to right click on a file in Explorer and send/share it directly to my phone or has this not been implemented yet by Microsoft? If not, I'd think that many Win 10 users would love to have this feature. I've been using an Android app to get this done but would...
  2. access denied on android phone

in Windows 10 News
    access denied on android phone: hi looking for help please I have win 10 64 bit on dell OptiPlex, cannot transfer files from android phone to pc it comes up with access denied message it works fine for the other way round i.e. from pc to phone . it seems the problem is the pc as it works fine on my laptop...
  3. A list of Android phones that come infected with dangerous trojan

in Windows 10 News
    A list of Android phones that come infected with dangerous trojan: Check this list, if you have (no major brands there) one of this 42 Android phones. They come infected with banking trojan out of the box... Leagoo Z3C Leagoo Z1C Leagoo M9 ARK Benefit M8 Zopo Speed 7 Plus UHANS A101 Doogee X5 Max Doogee X5 Max Pro *Arrow...
  4. Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64

in Windows 10 News
    Android Phone wont connect by USB in Win10x64: I have tried everything MTP settings, enable USB debug, nothing in DevMgr shows for "Portable Devices" (in fact that option only appears when i plug in a USB Stick) I've tried two cables = both worked before and now all of a sudden it's being blocked? I'm using...
  5. android phone drivers

in Windows 10 News
    android phone drivers: got multiple questions in this post this is for an asus zenfone 3, android 7.1.1 my win10 pro machine sees the phone ok, in devices it shows the following drivers see below just wondering why there are the 6 drivers? why are some .sys files and others .dll's? does a...
  6. No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

in Windows 10 News
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.: Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files OS: Windows 10 Brand: RazerModel: Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition) Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes Does this happen on other...
  7. What can you actually do once you link an Android phone?

in Windows 10 News
    What can you actually do once you link an Android phone?: So has anybody gotten really into the "link phone" feature and want to share what this actually allows you to do? I finally updated to the Fall Creators Update today. I'd been pretty interested for a while after hearing rumors that it allows you to control your PC from your...
Windows 10 on Android Phones? solved